Friday, September 23, 2011

The Picks isn't stressing out. Richt might be though...

SDSU @ #22 Michigan. Ahh the Brady Hoke Bowl. He left San Diego State to go be a Michigan Man. So far he is doing better than RichRod. Still wondering if RichRod got a raw deal, but too late now. Hoke seems to have the magic touch with RichRod’s players, and as long as Shoelace is suiting up, SDSU is in trouble. Big Blue wins one for Handsome Josh

UNC @ 25 GT Georgia Tech has scored on its first play from scrimmage in all three games. Tech now faces a team with a quasi-real defense. Not sure Tech will score on its first play from scrimmage, but I’m pretty sure they win. PS, I guess Everett Withers knew what he was doing when he turned down Richt (maybe he was never offered the job. Is it too late for Georgia to go back and offer him?) but he is the interim right now and if he pulls this one off, UNC should let him keep the job

Notre Dame @ Pitt. A team that is about to leave the Big East vs a team that SHOULD BE in the Big East. And if ND went to the Big East, you KNOW Pitt would stay, for the record. But Notre Dame refuses to see logic. Pitt to the ACC for football is stupid. Pitt to the ACC for basketball? Awesome. the ACC is THE NEW Big East at that point. UNC, Duke, Pitt, Syracuse. NICE! In this game, I am going with Notre Dame. REVERSE JINX! or is that just a straight up jinx? Don’t remember...

Georgia @ Ole Miss. I heard this called a must-win in the AJC, but I heard Chuck & Chernoff call it a “Can’t lose”. I agree with C&C. The difference, in my opinion, is that a must-win is a game that is a toss-up. A can’t lose is one where you are 95% favored so you shouldn’t lose it and you REALLY shouldn’t fall victim to the last 5%. This is a can’t lose for Georgia. If Richt thought the noise was too loud before this game, just lose and see what happens...Dawgs win

Temple @ Maryland. Temple nearly beat Penn State. That’s because Penn State isn’t very good and it was at Temple. This game is in College Park and Maryland is pretty good. Nearly came back last week for the win. Fear the Turtle. Maryland is becoming a football school. Why? Because crabcakes and football is what Maryland does!

14 Arkansas @ 3 Alabama. Bama has won something like 21 of its last 22 home games. Arkansas has a habit of not winning big road games. (Lone exception being Georgia last year, but Georgia also finished 6-7...) Tide ROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS

7 Okie State @ 8 TA&M. My in-laws are both Okie alumni. (Notice the plural. My f-i-l is an alumnus, my m-i-l an alumna. Alumni is plural) They are coming into town. I HAVE to go with Okie State if I want to stay the favorite. My wife’s sister’s husband has pulled even because he gave them a grandchild. I need to stay #1. Therefore, GO POKES!

11 FSU @ 21 Clemson FSU lost last week and lost its QB in the process. Clemson won a big game last week, Dabo’s biggest win in his tenure. Clemson’s running game looked good. Its freshmen looked good. Dabo had that crazy speech after the game. Too bad FSU comes into Death Valley and beats them. I’d have LOVED to have heard another speech from Dabo.

13 VaTech @ Marshall. Why is VaTech going TO Marshall to play in a game? VaTech has gone on the road a bunch over the last few years to play these smaller schools. WHY!? You are Virginia Tech! I know you always lose in BCS bowl games and when you play real teams (you are kinda like the Ohio State of the ACC) but you DON’T go to places like Marshall to play! Period. That said, Logan Thomas and the Hokies win.

Western Michigan @ 24 Illinois. How about that! Ron Zook has his team No.24 in the country! Wow. Maybe up to No.23 after they beat WMichigan. Good for the Zooker.

Tulane @ Duke. I don’t really care about this game, but I thought I’d include it since Kyle Sloter’s dad was so proud of his son getting a scholarship offer from Tulane. Let’s take Duke here and say that if Sloter was there, Tulane would win. Dooook.

UAB @ ECU. I had the pleasure of watching UAB’s next head coach last Friday as Rush Propst and Colquitt County lost to Warner Robins. ECU wins this one and UAB checks Rush’s availability after the year.

Colorado @ Ohio State. The Buckeyes lost to Miami. My bad. I was wrong. I am excited though that Braxton Miller is getting the starting job. If you are going to lose this year in Columbus, why not do with with your true freshman taking lumps. That way, he’s ready for next year (and Urban Meyer). Miller helps the Buckeyes get back on track with a thumping of Colorado.

UCLA @ Oregon State Slick Rick lost last week to Texas. Not gud for Slick. If he loses to Mike Riley...whoa. This is the West Coast version of the UGA/OleMiss game. I’m taking the Beavers and Riley. USC wanted him two years ago. He isn’t dumb.

Southern Miss @ UVa. The Virginia Cavaliers are MAD! Mike London’s crew lost to UNC last week! They’ll take it out on Southern Miss....maybe. Mike London is getting there. Al Groh left the program in poor shape. May take London a little longer than Daddio is hoping. I’ll still go with the Hoos.

K-State @ Miami. K-State has the Brown brothers. Miami has Harris back and Al Golden too. I like the Canes at home because I believe in Golden. He wants that Penn State job. Keep winning these games and you’ll get it Al.

9 Nebraska @ Wyoming. See above VaTech @ Marshall. I could at least understand sort of VaTech traveling 2 hours west to Marshall. Nebraska AT Wyoming? Why? NU rolls. I scratch my head.

Mizzou @ 1 OU. Mizzou is making the SEC wait for an answer? I’d pull the offer if I’m the SEC. You are making US wait? Are you kidding me? Mizzou wrecked OU’s No.1 bid last year. It won’t happen again. The Sooners Boom the Tigers mainly because Mizzou doesn’t have Blaine the Mane on its team anymore.

2 LSU @ 16 WVA. Cajuns vs white trash. And Cajun is French for White trash, right? Just kidding LSU people! (though not really. did you see that deadspin/youtube clip?) West VA is a tough place to play, unless you have the most talented team in the country. Les Miles, I would suggest not eating any of the grass from this field, it may have pieces of burnt couch in it. LSU wins.

Tulsa @ 4 Boise State: If Gus Malzahn and/or Todd Graham were still there, Tulsa would have a shot. Sorry Aunt Susan. Boise State rolls.

Georgia State @ Houston. Case Keenum vs Drew Little. Advantage: Houston

10 Oregon @ Arizona. Nick Foles looked good early on against Stanford. Too bad his kicker couldn’t connect on any field goals. Again, my in-laws are from Tucson and will be here this weekend, but I am not stupid. Oregon.

23 USC @ Arizona State. Arizona State is supposed to be THE surprise team of the Pac 12. I like Matt Barkley. Those new Arizona State logo unis might confuse USC though. Let’s take the Devils in an upset.

Pro Picks: Falcons over Bucs, Redskins over Cowboys
Lock of the week: Bama over Arkie
Upset of the week: Arizona State over USC
Local: GT over UNC, UGA over Ole Miss

No comments: