Sunday, March 30, 2008

Braves on pace to lose 162. Oh NO!

Since I will be hosting 790 The Zone's Extra Innings this season, I will be watching a tremendous number of games this season, and I figured I would give you the lowdown on the ones I do watch, so you can get MY thoughts on the games, if you decide NOT to tune in IMMEDIATELY after the weeknight home games that we will do on air. (Which by the way, if you live outside the 790 the Zone listening area, simply log on to www.790thezone.com or visit the link at the bottom of this page and you can listen live) I mean, WHY go to the ajc or braves website to get the REAL story from guys NO DOUBT talking to players and managers after the game when you can read my rants on the team. Mind you, I will give you an unbiased opinion, not one where I am worried about offending the guy I am trying to get an interview with tomorrow, so here we go....

Tim Hudson, after struggling mightily in the first inning set down 19 straight before leaving following the 7th inning. He gave up two two-out runs and he had two strikes on Nick Johnson after striking out two batters with a runner on third. Anyway, Frenchy fields the RBI single and attempts to gun Nick Johnson (who missed all of last season recovering from a broken leg and who has NEVER been confused with Carl Lewis), but Yunel Escobar can't field the throw. Next batter singles home Johnson when AGAIN Frenchy can't throw out Johnson, but McCann most likely wouldn't have gotten the tag in time anyways. Frenchy, dude, GO BACK TO PARKVIEW! (Usually though, whenever I scream that, he immediately comes through. For more on my thoughts on Frenchy, log on to www.790thezone tomorrow for my weekly article where I will give some "BOLD PREDICTIONS" for the baseball season, one relating to Francoeur)
Well, except for an infield single in the 4th by Francoeur this game gets boring in a hurry-rather it became a Pitcher's duel until the 9th inning when Big Tex nearly goes yard, but settles for a double and pinch runner Martin Prado scores on a passed ball to tie the game at 2. Then BMac aka Lumpy swings on a 3-0 pitch and pops out to end the inning. (PS, they call him Lumpy or Lumps or Heaps because apparently he eats heaps of fries. I like it)
In the bottom of the ninth, with two outs, former UVA standout Ryan Zimmerman hits the GW/Walk-off HR and the Nats win. The Bravos are on pace to lose 162 games this season, but on a brighter note, Chipper Jones got a home run and the game didn't go into extra innings, thus a DC area Hooters waitress SHOULD be getting a huge tip tonight. (More later in the year on the 16 year grudge I have against Chipper)
The good news is Huddy was DEALING tonight after that first inning and he didn't pick up a loss he didn't deserve. The bad news, the Braves SHOULD have put more runs on the board against Odalis Perez.
And finally, could some one PLEASE tell Jon Miller to STOP talking like Will Ferrell in that one SNL skit with Barbara Her-Nan-DEZ!?!?!?! Also, I wish W could have stayed in the booth the entire game. He is great at self-deprecating humor. You can tell he is LOVING this lame duck status he has now, and he really doesn't care all that much. I love it. I am trying to put together a TV show Real World style and W is the FIRST GUY IN. If I can, I'll get to that tomorrow too.
but hopefully the Braves can get it back together tomorrow. Glavine is on the hill, COME ON TOMMY!
Braves currently sit one game back in the division, and I have predicted them to win 92 and the NL EAST by 3 games. they only have 161 more cracks at getting 92. COME ON GUYS!

No comments: