Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mid-week entertainment report

George Clooney has a busy week, Kid Rock at at Waffle House, Idol Thoughts and LC at Fashion Week but will Justin Bobby be there?
All that and more on this week's MID-WEEK ENTERTAINMENT REPORT!

George Clooney has had a busy week. First he MAYBE got engaged, then he supported Obama, then a commercial came out for his new movie Leatherheads starring the Office's Jim and Merideth Gray (Or is it Renee Zellwegger? I get them confused!)
Now he is putting pressure on Omega Watches to speak out over China's Foreign Policy in Sudan. Yep, the whole Darfur (whatever) thing. Yeah. Because hey GEORGE, I really bet the Chinese government cares what a WATCHMAKER says...even if they are an Olypmic Sponsor!) Sorry George, but they DON'T care!

I saw where Kid Rock was at another Atlanta Waffle House, this time signing autographs before a show at Gwinnett Arena. He was trying to make amends for the last time he was at an ATL WaHo and a fight broke out. He WAS going to work a shift, but realized he only had time to sign autographs. The manager on duty didn't tell his customers though that the Rocker wouldn't be serving because the wait staff he had looked JUST as white trash as Kid Rock, and the patrons, (Mostly drunk) couldn't tell the difference.

I see where Britney Spears is going to appear on "How I met your mother." Apparently this is a television show? It sounded more like a question. Whatever.

Lauren Conrad from Laguna Beach and The Hills aka LC will have her Lauren Conrad Collection on full display at this week's LA Fashion week. REALLY? Is MTV paying for this too? Since they run every OTHER part of her life. Actually this should make for a good season of the Hills....which I will watch.

Finally, my Idol thoughts. I will make them brief. Chikezie (I won't call him Jacuzzi after last night) was GOOD! Really good.
-Jason Castro did alright, but he is on cruise control, and he should be. He is a lock for the final four, so why waste a great act early? Save it for the end.
-Carly was also really good. I wouldn't call her Kelly Clarkson like Simon did, but she was really good
-I didn't get the Brooke White buzz that the judges did. I thought she was OK, but they loved it. Enh.
-I didn't watch David Her-Nan-DEZ or Amanda, because I don't like them.
-Syesha was BORING
-I am going to amend my final four. Michael Johns (my early favorite, even though Archuleta was my pick) OUT, David Cook IN. (Cook is every bit the rocker Daughtry was plus he is a better sign than Chris was. Should be noted.)
-David Archuleta was NOT GOOD last night. Why did he do that song? Why did the producers put him last? I was waiting for him to do Yesterday and it didn't happen.
-Finally either Kristy Leigh Cook or Ramiele is GONE. KLC was REALLLLLLY Bad, but the country folks might keep her in and Ramiele did a boring song RIGHT after Chikezie's great act, so that hurt her. I want Ramiele gone though because KLC is better to look at and Ramiele was trying to get us to remember Danny Noriega last night with the eye thing. Sorry. he was voted off. Let's keep it that way.
There you go. You are now caught up, mid-way through the week. HAPPY HUMP DAY!

No comments: