Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dawgs blow another one

Well, they got me all excited with a 9 point lead at the half. They led by 11 in the second and Humphrey hit that 3 to push a 3 point lead to 6, I thought, "Hey maybe they can pull this one out too!"

But it was not to be. Dave Bliss fouled out to end his career and Xavier beat UGA. Screwed up my bracket. I was thinking that IF UGA could get by the Musketeers I thought they matched up well against Baylor and Purdue. I thought they would be Sweet 16 bound. But Oh well. If I had NOT been a Georgia Alum, I would have picked Xavier, but I almost HAD to pick the Dawgs. Oh well. I automatically lose the next round, but you know what? It was worth it. Georgia made the dance and I think I am a better Alum than Roomie because I picked them.

PS, my other picks included UNC/Tenn in the Elite 8, KU/Georgetwon, Pitt/Stanford and UCLA/Duke with UNC over Kansas and UCLA over Pitt in the Final 4. I have UNC taking down UCLA 88-81 in the finals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I picked Georgia to beat Xavier too Roomie. Just didn't pick them to win any others. Oh well...football season isn't too far away.