Friday, November 7, 2008

Ding dong the witch is dead

OK Alex, i'll take Worst Finales ever for $800....
I enjoyed the Seinfeld finale, thought the FRIENDS finale was appropriate, wanted a little more from SportsNight, respected West Wing, loved the Cheers finale, cried during The OC's, but the DCreek finale....wow.
I thought I would have LOVED watching Jen die, but did we have to make THE ENTIRE finale about her? She was the second girl. It would be like if The OC decided to make Summer the main girl over Marissa (wait that happened, because Mischa Barton could only do "confused") Why are we spending so much time feeling bad for her? WHY? OF COURSE she got knocked up by a guy no longer in the picture. What happened to CJ? Why was the boyfriend not there? Am I surprised? NO.

(I did get a kick and made the joke to Wifey about how in one shot, Amy's-whore Jen's daughter- shirt strap was off the shoulder and the baby girl was nearly showing a nipple. Like Mother, like daughter. )

Basically I think the creators thought maybe they would have an additional season to wrap it up, but had to do it all in one episode. ooops. Hey David, wha happen? CJ? GONE! Audrey is now singing backup for John Mayer? I bet he looks back and is campaigning with Seth Rogan to have his name removed from the project.

Overall, I am glad I watched the series from start to finish, I just wanted a bit more from the finale. i loved that Jen died and that Joey picked Pacey (the real hero of our show) over Douchebag Dawson, but why make the entire finale about Jen's death? I just didn't get it.

Oh and if we are bringing back characters, could Charlie not have reappeared? What about Eddie? Let's make this love decision REAL!

I also hate the fact that Oliver from The OC was featured in several episodes. So I can blame Kevin Williamson for launching Taylor Hadley's career. Possibly if he didn't get this role, would he NEVER have threatened to kill The OC? We shall never know.

What will the next series by that I follow? Well I need to finish the Sopranos. i have thought about catching up on Entourage or maybe catch up with 6 FEET Under. We shall see.

1 comment:

That's just this girl talking said...

Entourage is awesome, and Six Feet Under is intoxicating. Love it.