Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Marcus goes down and Whitney goes down UNDAH!

FINE, YOU GOT ME! I was bored a few Saturdays ago and I started watching all of this season's Survivor episodes On Demand. And know I want to talk about it. So sue me. One thing I never understood was the fang (pronounced Fong for whatever reason...) tribe's refusal to hunt or fish or try to get food OTHER than the little bit of rice the tribe had left. I look at the Kota tribe and see them fishing and searching for fruit, etc., but the Fang tribe just sat there and moaned about how miserable they were. I didn't understand it. IF YOU ARE HUNGRY CRYSTAL, go find food. (And PS, you are Olympic Champion of WHAT? Lying? Because that is ALL you seem to do!)

But in last week's episode (which I watched last night) we see the two tribes come together only to break apart again in a mixedmash fashion. Why? Because I guess the Producers were sick of Fang being little whiners. So the new tribes are each broken down with three old kota and two old fang.
This SHOULD keep the "old" Kota in power, if they just band together and vote off the fang.

But then Marcus makes a HUGE mistake. He started talking with our Olympic Champion and telling her that he was going to pick off Ken. Then OF COURSE Crystal got with Ken and they switched Suzie over. It makes since for Suzie, since she is 5th best with old fang and only 6th best with old Kota. However Marcus (from the ATL) really boned that one up. He should have just kept Kota together and sent both of the Fang packing.

It also aggravates me that the best players never win Survivor. I guess the best athletes don't necessarily also outwit the others, but it just seems that the snakes always knock off the best and the third best player ends up "winning". I think that is crap. But I guess that is part of the game. At this point, don't show your strength until individual immunity starts and then just stab your "leader" in the back. Simple directions for winning that game. I will now root for Matty, ONLY because I like how he was laugh-mocking Bob during the immunity challenge. He is all by himself in his tribe (since Sugar has the immunity idol) so he is ALREADY playing for himself. I like an underdog I guess.

Now, the Hills. LC and Whitney went to NYC last night in a "Private Practice pilot during Grey's Anatomy" episode. We got to see what The City will be all about. Zonetastic. She dumped her Derek Zoolander for an Aussie lead singer. Then she left with the guy, presumably to show him her down under-ware. So can we guess that Twitney is really as much of a who-ah like Jen Lindley? Hmmmmmmmmm. Looking forward to The City. Otherwise last night's episode sucked. Heidi and Spencer, whatever at this point. We KNOW Bolthouse will hire her back and we know she will mess up again. That is just how the trite writers work. They are mailing it in until The City starts at this point. Still waiting for The Graduate Moment at Speidi's wedding, where LC plays the role of Dustin Hoffman. Plastics!

No comments: