Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We're HERE! Actually...... Part 2

We continue our look at the state playoffs for Georgia High School football. Is this Texas, no, but come on, you people KNOW you love this stuff.

Let's go to Classification AAAA!

My initial thoughts, how can ANYONE beat Westside Macon? I am not sure anyone can. Maybe Tucker, and they'll get a chance in the quarters. Tucker is the fastest team I've seen in the last five years. That HAS to count for something, right? I wish Sandy Creek had Braxton Lane and I think one bracket completely stinks and shouldn't even send a team to the final four.

The northeast west bracket. The best team plays here in Westside Macon. They cruise past the Glynn Academy. Why they even need to host this game is beyond me. Let's move past this one. And why even hold the next game either? Hephzibah/Jonesboro. Oh gawd, I am preclempt!
As for Loganville and Hillgrove, Hillgrove is the nice story, but Loganville won Region 8 over Apalachee, Cedar Shoals and Clarke Central. They must be legit. Go with Maxy Price Chevy's hometown school
Tucker beats Whitewater (sorry Randy, my friend who is a Whitewater coach. His 9th grade team went undefeated and Randy told me that Whitewater is actually going to be really good NEXT year. This was just a preview). Well Whitewater will get a good view at what speed is with Calhoun, Davis and Beck. Can't WAIT for Tucker/WSMac

In the Northeast bracket, Marist should overpower Northgate to set up a date with Sequoyah. Yeppers I am going with Sequoyah to "upset" Clarke CentralR8#2. As far as the rest of that bracket, Evans is the "worst 10-0 team" according to their stud DE, and they should be 11-0 with a meeting between Ware Co (the preseason #1 which is now a three seed from its own region) or Thomas CC (STILL overrated if you ask me). I think Evans beats Ware Co, but would lose to TCC. Wait, I have to pick this? TCC then to the quarters.

In the southeast bracket, does it get any better than Sandy Creek/Chamblee in the first round? Chamblee's wheels came off at the end of the year, but they made the playoffs. I REALLY want Braxton Lane to bust out the Stone Cold entrance for this game, but he won't be necessary. Rio Johnson and Co will be more than enough for Warren Norman and Darius Jones.
Rome v Apalachee is interesting. I am biased toward the Wildcats of Apalachee and away from Rome(because of some Dalton ties), but I do have logic for picking Apalachee. The team went ON THE ROAD last season and won in the first round of the playoffs and I think they do it again. Gresham MUST have a big game to legitimize the hype for me. I don't buy it, unless he REALLY improved from last season. Jon Lee runs to a win.
North Clayton over the Richmond Academy. I know nothing about either of these schools. Wait, didn't DJ Shockley's dad used to coach NCHS, before a racy photo scandal or something?
Statesboro beats Harris County I THINK because the SHS coach heard what I said on the air about how they were donezo after losing the QB and that somehow fired up his team. OK, FINE, you win this game and the next one, but you lose in the quarters. YOU DON'T HAVE A QB!

The final bracket is the worst BY FAR. Bruiswick and Bainbridge? Go with the latter because its coach has 200+ wins. Griffin and Glen Hills? Who cares? Sprayberry v Cedar Shoals? Take CSHS in a mild upset. Villa Rica and SWD? Take SWD in an upset. See DeKalb folks saying I am a Decatur hater. I picked an upset.

Final Four: Bainbridge, WMac, Marist, Sandy Creek
Westside Macon as the champ (but I'd LOVE to say Tucker wins it all. I WANT TO SO BADLY)

No comments: