Thursday, November 20, 2008

HodgePodge Thursday

Fret not High School Football Fans, your blog is coming. But I have read so many weird things this morning online that I just need to sort of do another Entertainment report type of thing, but again only sort of. More of a hodgepodge of my thoughts.

So let's get to it....

I saw where Michael Phelps has been named one of People's Sexiest Men of the year. REALLY? Seriously? With those teeth? And I hear the ladies DO find the lisp VERY SEXY. If that qualifies as sexy, then I guess I will NEVER be sexy: my teeth aren't f-ed up and I will never be confused with Cindy Brady. Oops. But I guess he IS rich and has a nice body. And THAT qualifies you to be SEXY according to People Magazine. How come Brad Pitt just doesn't win it year after year? Just wondering.

I love that Georgia Tech fans, after begging for a whiteout last season and finally getting one this season, have now decided they don't want to do it. I love that. You guys are trying to be trendy, but now you realize that it is going to be freaking COLD out there tonight, so you don't want to go out and buy a white sweatshirt or coat. Is this funny to ANYONE else? So the big whiteout on National TV, with the ENTIRE country watching, and you guys are going to look pretty darned stupid for not following through with the Whiteout. And don't think ESPN won't make fun of you for it. Because the announcers totally will. (And PS, this is a question for DE Michael Johnson, who is about to Jamaal Anderson some unsuspecting NFL team, ie steal money:What happened to your BOLD PREDICTION back in October of finishing the year 11-1? Wha happen? Oh, UVA and UNC, and soon to be Miami and UGA got in the way. OOPS.)

Finally, as I was driving to work, Aaron Neville's Everybody plays the fool came on XM 90s on 9, followed by Michael Bolton's Said I loved you But I lied. That got me thinking: If I could put together the ultimate 90s Barbershop quartet, who'd be in it? Aaron Neville and Bolton fo-sho, and I think I'd drop Seal in there. The fourth though....Edwin McCain or Sting or Bryan Adams. I can't decide. So I will leave it up to you guys. Vote to the right!

No comments: