Monday, November 17, 2008

A REAL murder mystery

I attended a Murder mystery dinner theatre event over the weekend. While it was entertaining, I was a tad disappointed. No disrespect to Agatha's but I thought it would be a little more mystery to it.
It was a lot of fun and all, but I was hoping that we'd be guessing, "Is it the butler, the maid, the nextdoor neighbor....."

I am not certain why I thought it would be like a game of Clue, but I did. Speaking of Clue, THAT was a REAL murder mystery. I used to love that game and my stepdad Daddio absolutely DOMINATES that game. I used to always be Col. Mustard and would be PISSED when people would say that Col. Mustard was the killer. If he ever ended up being the killer, I'd start over. I didn't want to think that he would do it. I am not certain why I'd be Mustard, maybe it was because yellow used to be my favorite color (before I switched to RED & BLACK, BABY!)

I was SUPER-Excited when somebody decided to make Clue The Movie. Martin Mull was MY MAN Col. Mustard. It made me kind of angry when it turned out in the third ending that everyone INCLUDING Mustard had killed someone...all except for Mr. Green. That made me angry, why? Because my friend ALWAYS used to be Mr. Green. And whenever he would beat me, it would be like Green was beating Yellow. I didn't like for yellow to be beaten. (I was a weird kid. still am)

The fun part of that movie though was that we had to try and figure out whodunit. I thought that is more of what Agatha's would be. multiple characters to try and guess which one did it. Oh well. I still had fun and would recommend it to anyone else. But for a REAL murder mystery dinner, Netflix Clue and heat up a microwavable dinner from Smart Ones.

Mr. Green, with the wrench, in the ballroom.

(And btw, a lead pipe? A wrench? candlestick? Can we get some REAL weapons? Not some domestic disturbance tools? Come on. Can someone REALLY die from a bonk on the head from a candlestick? Just wondering.)

No comments: