Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Basketball and the City

No this isn't Sportsbyfletch's newest blogivision show starring Jarvis Hayes and Sarah Jessica Parker. No this is my newest idea for Tuesday's blog. I plan on giving my opinions on the college basketball landscape while mixing in a little bit of my thoughts on that Monday night's episode of The City. (and I apologize that this wasn't posted yesterday, but Mardi Gras was calling!)

Let's start this off with a tour around the Big 12. I watched AJ Abrahms just go OFF on OU. After a cruddy first half, the kid just flipped a switch and single-handedly took down the #1 team in the country. Well, not single-handedly, Blake Griffin helped too by getting hit in the nose and then sitting out the final 29 minutes of the game. WAY to step up there PLAYER OF THE YEAR! You just cost yourself my vote! (not that I get a vote, but DUDE! You just lost major cool points by pussing out of a big ESPN game!) Speaking of losing cool points, ERIN! Come on girly! You lose major cool points (you still are the coolest-read:hottest-character on the show, but your lead over Nevan has decreased significantly!) for calling the alien and tattling. Then you lose even MORE cool points for saying you smell ahi tuna? Something fishy? COME ON! But Blake Griffin, I will now call you a sophoLESS!

Speaking of OU players, dare I say that Willie Warren is now the best player on the team? The FreshMAN point guard kept OU in the game when Blake "I'm seeing stars" Griffin had to leave. Can't wait to see Warren v Lawson in the NCAA finals! Speaking of things I can't wait to see.....How short Whitney's dress will be next week. Seriously, this chick wears the shortest skirts in the world. WOW. Not complaining here, and a Wifey says, "If you've got it, flaunt it!" I am glad Whitney has decided to do the latter because she lives the former.

MOVING on the the ACC
Wake Forest: great at home, crap on the road. You really can't go TO Winston-Salem anymore and expect to win, but get the Deacs on the road and they lose: Duke, Georgia Tech. Gosh, they stink on the road.

Duke's Gerald Henderson is a beast. Why didn't David Cutcliff go after this guy to play as a scat runningback? He is incredible on the break. He's a warrior. Good for him. Too bad the FIRST thing I always think of though with this guy is how he went with a cheapshot elbow to break Psycho T's nose a few years back. He may be one of the top players in the conference now, but all I think about it that elbow. KIND of like how whenever I see Jess now on The City, I will think of that gap in her teeth. Yeppers, Pottsy's girlfriend has a Michael Straham going on. She may go on to be quite a character, but all I can think about is that gaptooth.

Hey UNC, stay focused! When you lose focus look what happens. You need to stay focused like Adam did in Miami. Notice with all of the 15sets of t!ts around him, he wasn't straying like Erin I guess thought he was. He was focused. UNC could learn a lot from Adam.

This Clemson team may be the best Tiger team ever...but they will STILL lose in crunch time to the real teams. Yep, second round of the ACC to a BC or FSU(ps, where did FSU come from?). Then in the second round of the NCAA to a #4 seed. Gonna happen. Sorry Tiger fans!

Finally, hey Big East. You guys are JUST as top-heavy as the ACC. After Pitt (way to lose last night to Providence!) and UCONN, you have Marquette and Louisville. Then on a lower tier, you have Da Cuse, Georgetown and West VA. JUST like how the ACC has UNC, then Duke and Clemson. Then Wake and FSU. So let's stop kidding ourselves Big East. Oh so big and powerful Big East. How is DePaul doing guys? Oh, about the same as Georgia Tech. So shut up.

And Finally for my City thoughts (I gave you a finally in basketball terms, and this is my pop culture finally.), can someone PLEASE explain to me how Allie is allowed to go on DATES with other dudes but Adam cannot converse with females? How is that fair? And why did Allie try to play the "Imagine how I felt" card? How did you feel when you were on your date, Allie? I don't know. Maybe we should ask your date if you were upset.

But it's ALL Adam's fault that Allie went on a date. HIS fault. Now they have broken up when he did NOTHING wrong and even Wifey has Adam's back. "MTV didn't show anything to warrant that call," according to Wifey. This show was NOTHING but chicks throwing the boys under the bus, first Erin with Adam, then Jess with Jay. Hey b!tches, just because you aren't happy, don't bring down happy people. It is mean.

No comments: