Friday, February 6, 2009

Phelps out, Jared back in?

The Michael Phelps smokes pot-omigosh story just took an interesting twist. I can understand (well, I can't really, but for the sake of this piece, I will "understand") why Kellogg's dropped the 14-time gold medalist (kids and their moms are the biggest target of Kellogg's cereal, so you DON'T want a dude smoking pot-once- as your spokesman), but now Subway has dropped Phelps.

First off, I didn't realize Phelps was a Subway spokesman.

#2, does this mean now the marketing department will superimpose Jared into all of Phelps's commercials? Jared will now be swimming instead of Phelps?

I am not certain why Phelps is being hit so hard. He smoked pot ONCE that we KNOW of (at a South Carolina frat party. he should be punished for THAT, not for smoking from a bong). I know it is illegal, but why is EVERYONE jumping all over this guy? Gary Sheffield and Jason Giambi are KNOWN steroid users that aren't talked about, but Phelps smokes POT and he is made into the scum of America. REALLY? Come on.

I think the REAL reason Subway dropped Phelps was that after he got stoned, he probably goes to Subway and has some sort of "all-you-can-eat-free card" and was abusing the local franchises. He probably bought for his stoner buddies too. Maybe he was making scores in the Subway parking lot?

I DOUBT IT! The fact that he was suspended for 3 months from swimming, gimmie a break. Either do something REAL, or just let this thing slide and go away.

And PS, weed ISN'T a performance enhancing drug. It ISN'T. Let's let this thing slide. Let it go away. And ps Subway, you guys probably did this to just make headlines. Enjoy Jared being your #1 guy again. And make the Subway Melt part of the $5 footlong! (I guess that's what I am secretly mad about)

No comments: