Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Night TV, flipping around the dial

I got a little remote happy last night while watching TV. Between the Pro Bowl, the Grammys, LeBron/Kobe, Jockeys, Friday Night Lights and Entourage Season 4 netflix, I had a pretty "busy" night last night. (And by busy I mean I sat on my butt from 4 until 11pm. I am worthless.)

Let's start with the Grammys. Before the broadcast we hear that Chris Brown allegedly beat up Rihanna. (or something along those lines. Assault. whatevs.) Why in the WORLD would Chris Brown assauly Rihanna? Is it because she is SOOOOO much better looking than he is and he knows that EVERYONE ELSE in the world wants to get a piece of that? Chris Brown should be rubbing her feet nonstop for stooping down to his level. Chris Brown doesn't deserve a Rihanna, especially not now.
On to the show, TI was a HUGE disappointment. Honestly. He sucked major balls. He should go to jail, NOT for a guns charge, but for his performances last night. The Swagger Like That song (well they all sucked in that one, and could MIA please have her baby already? She is like the preggers chick from Family Guy!) was turrbull and good think Justin Timberlake saved the duet the two did. TI, NO SIR! No standing O for you!
It was cool that Paul McCartney did the Beatles song, but did the Nirvana Drummer/Foo Fighters guy have to head bang while he drummed along? I don't remember Ringo ever doing that....
I was a bit disappointed with all of the duets, but that is just me.
Katy Perry, I watched on mute, and good thing I did I was told. Enh, she is just eye candy anyways. How come Britney Spears didn't perform?
And the funniest part was when lil wayne brought his entire family onto the stage to accept his award. Too bad that will be the high point of their lives because no one will remember them in 3 years....
I felt bad for Stevie Wonder. Thank goodness he couldn't see the Jonas Bros singing with him.
And finally, Keith Urban as part of the Bo Didley tribute? John Mayer is sort of OK, but Keith Urban? Really?

Entourage Season 4. I like me some Ari Gold (the best character on the show) but I love me some Lloyd (might overtake Ari before it is said and done). Ari and Lloyd are BY FAR the only reason I continue to Q this show up on netflix because I hate E and Turtle isn't funny anymore while Drama only has rare moments of worthfulness. At SOME point you would have thought that Ari could have talked Vince into firing Eric aka E since E does NOTHING but screw up Vince's career....but that's just me. Oh don't do this movie, don't go to that meeting, let's drop out of this, let's do that instead.....WHINE MORE A-HOLE! It is amazing that Vince even has a career anymore thanks to E! Well, not really amazing when you think that Lloyd and Ari are on his side!

Friday Night Lights had a few nice scenes that reminded me of season one, but I have just TWO things to say following this past week's episode: #1, Landry, you and Tyra broke up! #2, Hey Coach Taylor, this switch to the spread had better still get Tim Riggins his touches! And why wasn't Riggins featured more in that episode? I think Riggins could have a spinoff. I really do.

Finally, the best new show on TV is NOT The Mentalist (haven't seen it yet, but by GOD am I going to Netflix it), or Lie To Me (though I do really like that show)...but the best new show is JOCKEYS. I watched the first episode last night and I love how low reality TV has stooped: following Jockeys on Animal Planet. Are they calling Jockeys animals? (I didn't understand that). But the fact that two of the 8 the show is following are dating, and throw in the fights that will air on future episodes, this show CANNOT MISS. Now the only thing that troubles me is, are they midgets or just little people?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Llyod is definitely the best part of Entourage.