Thursday, February 12, 2009

Real World Atlanta: Episode 4

Previously on The Real World
Todd turns to Dani and says “so I heard that my mother lives in Atlanta. I was adopted. Right after my mom died, my father told me about how I was adopted.” Dani is just standing speechless, looking at Todd. “I looked into it and the adoption agency finally revealed that she lives in Atlanta. I am here, she’s here. Ray supported me looking her up.” Dani quickly shouts, “OF COURSE you should look her up.
Carly is flirting with Max. “What are you doing?” asks Cailie.
“Getting a drink…you want one?” Carly slurs. Carly looks as though she is about to hurl.” “Remember earlier when you said I could have Max. Let me have him.” Cailie insists.
“Why don’t you go away, bitch!” Carly snaps. Cailie throws Carly’s drink at her and storms out of the bar. “FINE WHORE!”
Vlad grabs Kevin to leave while Todd and Dani run after Cailie. Jimmy laughs and orders another drink The scene ends with alternating shots of Cailie and Carly then Jimmy getting a drink from Max.

This is the TRUE STORY, of Seven strangers (you’re a rapper?), picked to live in a house (ATL BABY!), and have their lives taped (get the F*** out my face!) to find out what happens when people stop being polite (say it again, I DARE YOU!) and start being real. The Real World: Atlanta!

A still wet Carly comes home and yells at Cailie. Todd has to restrain Carly while Dani holds Cailie back. “You KNEW I liked him. Just back off slut!” “If he liked you, why is he talking to every girl in the bar?!”
“He talks to other girls, but he likes me. I know he does. You’re just a drunk ass*&le bitch!” Cailie retorts back.
“Sorry I’ve got the goods. Why don’t you just go back to your Oregon farm and ride a horse.” With that Carly shakes free of her roommates and storms off to bed.
“She’s drunk. Let her go sleep it off,” Vlad rolls his eyes as he says the last part, not really directed at anyone.

Kevin takes all of this in from the phone room where he has been calling the girl he met at Compound. “You would not believe the craziness going on right here. Cailie, the girl you saw throw the drink and the chick that had the drink thrown at her just almost had it out. Just freaking crazy. So how about I call you tomorrow?”

Todd and Dani and Vlad are straightening up the kitchen when Jimmy walks in.
“Where the heck have you been” asks Todd pointedly.
“I was at Compound, having a drink,” answers Jimmy.
“Well thanks for helping out here. Cailie and Carly got into again…” Dani starts, but Jimmy waves her off. “I know what happened. I saw Cailie throw the drink.”
In confessional Jimmy brags, “I was known growing up as the Puppetmaster. I like to pull strings and stir things up. I never had a girlfriend in high school because it was too much fun being “the other guy” and I was always hooking people up then ripping them apart. It is fun. This house was getting a little too boring. Don’t worry though, I’ll get them on friendly terms again.”
Vlad asks Jimmy, so if we are going to lift in the morning, I need to get some sleep. Dani asks Todd if he has the address. “Oh, let’s go look it up.” They leave Jimmy in the kitchen smirking to himself.

In front of the computer Todd and Dani are looking at mapquest directions and Dani asks if Todd is ready. “Well yeah, I guess. As ready as you can be for something like this.”
“You are going to be great, don’t worry. And I’ll be right there beside you. What are you going to say? Does she know you are coming?” Dani asks.
“Ummm no. I am just going to ring her doorbell and say, ‘Hello, I’m the kid you dropped off 20+ years ago.”
“You really think that’s the best way? Seriously?” Dani is appalled by his answer.
“You think I should call her and give her a heads up? Why though, does she deserve that?” Todd angrily asks.
“It just might be a shock if you just SHOW UP, don’t you think?” Dani replies.
“Fine, I’ll call her tomorrow. I’m gonna call Ray though and tell her.” Dani hugs Todd as they get up to leave.
“Come find me tomorrow, I’ll sit with you if you want.”
“OK”

In the morning Kevin is beaming as Todd walks into the kitchen. “What are you grinning about?”
“I got digits last night man. Did you see that smoking honey I was all on?” Kevin is boasting now and Jimmy walks in.
“I saw you talking to some skank,” Jimmy mocks.
“Shut up a-hole. But I called her last night and I’m gonna call her, maybe set up a date…”
“YOU WHAT?” Todd and Jimmy both yell! Jimmy continues, “You called her already?”
“Dude! Desperate much?” Todd bookends.
“What, she was into me, I think she’s cute. I want to hang out, what’s the big deal?” Kevin asks.
“The big deal is, don’t call her today. Jezz, you already called her? What’s her last name? You DON’T KNOW! And yet she ALREADY has your balls in a jar.” Jimmy is laughing at Kevin now.
“Says the man who loves his girlfriend,” Vlad’s voice booms as he enters the room wearing workout gear.
“Whatever Vlad, let’s go lift.” Jimmy seems to be annoyed with Vlad that Vlad might just be better athletically than he is.
Todd saddles up to Kevin. “listen Kevin, you just can’t be so needy. This chick is going to see through that.”
“I’m not trying for a wife here. I’m here for 3 more months, why not have some fun?” Kevin sounds like the smartest man in the house.
“F it, call her!” Todd finishes.

In the gym, Vlad is pumping serious iron while Jimmy is working his legs. Vlad sees this and snarls, “Here, lift this. See if you can do a set of 8.”
“8? I can do the full 12. Move.” Jimmy starts to lift as a vein pops in his forehead. He does 12 before proudly putting the weights down. Vlad then puts 20 more pounds on and says, “OK, rest up, I am going to finish this up. I do 3 sets of 12 at this weight, then 2 of 10 with 25 more and I’m done.”
“Let’s go!” Jimmy is winded but doesn’t want to show he is outmatched. Vlad does it no sweat and then Jimmy sits down.
“I don’t think you should do this.”
“Shut up Pollock!”
Jimmy does 4 when his eyes bug out and he collapses. “Sh&t!” shouts Vlad as he just picks up the dumbbell. And ambulance drives away from the house.

Carly emerges from her room, clearly annoyed that the siren woke her up. “What the F was that?” Dani and Cailie are talking and Cailie says, “A freaking siren, you dumb b*tch.”
“Who pissed in your cornflakes?” Carly responded.
“Do you not remember how big of a bitch you were last night?” Dani asks.
“No, what happened?” Carly is confused.
“You flirted with Max and then called me a bitch and, you generally weren’t cool.” Cailie is steaming.
“Oh, sorry.” Carly actually looks sorry and embarrassed.
In confessional, Carly admits, “OK, so maybe when I drink a whole lot, I blackout and forget things. My bad. But come on, who doesn’t do that?”
“You told me to go ride a horse on my farm.” Cailie is near tears.
“You were pretty uncool Car.” Dani has her arm around Cailie.
“Listen, I’m sorry, I was a bitch I am sure. I promise that I won’t talk to Max anymore or even go to the Compound. I don’t like making my friends cry and you are my friend Cai.” Now Carly is starting to cry.
Carly and Cailie hug it out as Dani hugs before walking off. “I AM sorry.” Carly is sobbing. “I’m sorry I threw a drink at you,” Cailie wails. “I am sure I deserved it,” Carly laugh/cries.

Todd is in the phone room as Dani walks in.
Hello-says a voice on the other end.
“Hello is this Denise Metzfield?” Todd asks
Yes this is.
“Ummm, my name is Todd and I live in Seattle and 25 years ago you gave me up for adoption.” A quivering Todd blurts into the phone.
I always thought you might track me down.
“So um, I was wondering if you wanted to get together for a cup of coffee or slice of pizza or something.
Yeah, we should do that. How about tomorrow?
“Yes, we should meet up. Talk. I’ve got some questions. Looking forward to it.”
OK see you then. They hang up.
“So are you excited?” Dani excitedly asks. “I need you. You are coming with me,” Todd demands. “I am there for ya Babe!” Dani reassures a shaking Todd.

We see Kevin holding a flower walking in Cabbage town when he stops at a walk-up and rings the bell. “This is Kevin.” I’ll be right down.
Kirstin walks downstairs and Kevin gives her a daisy. “For you.”
“Ahh you are sweet.” Kirstin gives him a peck on the cheek. They pull up to The Vortex and go inside.
“So you said you are a rapper?” Kirstin makes small talk.
“Yeah, I talked to Big Boi and he wants me on his next album.” Kevin shyly boasts.
“You ever do any battles like on 8 Mile?”
“Back in Philly we had those and I’ve always wanted to go to Detroit where Em started, but I don’t need to if I make it on Big Boi’s album.”
“I want to hear you. Go to Eddie’s attic on open mic night. I want to see you in action.”
“I’ll do it if you are there.” Kevin blushes as then continue to eat.
Kevin and Kirstin have ice cream as he walks to her door. He kisses her but she lays a serious one on him. “You want to come up?” Kirstin lays another one on Kevin and he says, “ok, yeah.”

Jimmy is back from the hospital and Carly is pouring him some water. “So you just fainted?” Carly asks.
“I think I was just dehydrated. Nothing major,” Jimmy tries to shrug off having to go to the hospital, but he is loving the attention. “I guess I just needed to drink more fluids if I am going to work out that intensely.”
“Well, we need you healthy, especially if we are going dancing tomorrow.”
“For you my love, I will soldier on! If you nurse me through,” Jimmy bats his eyelashes at Carly. Carly gives Jimmy a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

Todd and Dani ring a doorbell and Todd’s birth mother opens the door. Todd shakes her hand and Dani introduces herself. They walk to the Mellow Mushroom in Sandy Springs.
“So what do you want to know? The obvious I guess?” Denise asks and Dani looks confused.
“The obvious?” Todd asks what Dani is thinking.
“Yeah, how could I do it? I will answer it. I was 17 and at a party where I it was later confirmed that something was put into my drink. I was a freshman at a frat party and a senior was trying to help his little brother get some action and I was the action.” Denise starts to tear up. “I am sorry. I am not looking for sympathy here. I was brought up in a religious family and I felt so bad for what I had done. I am pro-life, always have been. I talked it over with my parents and we thought that adoption was the best option. I wanted a life, no offense to you, but there are so many families out there that cannot have babies, I thought that maybe I would help one of them. I thought that maybe this was my mission from God. I know it sounds stupid, but …”Denise wipes away a tear as Dani is now crying. Todd is sitting in his chair, shellshocked.
“So you gave me up for me and for my parents and for you.” Todd finally says.
“I just thought that maybe YOU would be better off with a family that could help you. Listen, I’m sorry. I didn’t know if your parents would ever tell you and I figured I had forfeited all of my rights when I gave you up.”
“I just wanted to know the story. I am alright though. I’ve got some great friends and a great girlfriend and after my mom died, I found out about you and then I was in Atlanta. It only seemed like fate.”
“Well you hold on to her, she’s pretty.” Denise points at Dani. Dani starts to correct her when Todd grabs her hand and squeezes. “She is great.”
The three get up and walk back to Denise’s house. Todd doesn’t say much as Denise says that Todd can call her if he ever needs to. “Anytime, as much or as little if you ever need anything. I’m sorry, but I know in my heart everything turned out for the best. You’ll figure that out someday.”
“Thanks Denise.” Todd shakes her hand with tears in his eyes. Denise is teary as well. Dani hugs Denise and she tells Dani to take care of Todd. “He’ll need it.” Denise closes the door and Todd walks off with Dani. Dani hugs Todd as he really starts to cry about a block or two away from the house. “It will be OK Todd. I’m here.”

Next time on The Real World. “Yeah I think Jimmy is cute, who wouldn’t” Carly says. Cailie is trying to get Max’s attention, but he seems to be ignoring her. Vlad is making fun of Kevin for sleeping over and a drunk Cailie and Todd dance at The Compund while Dani looks on, a tad annoyed.

No comments: