Thursday, February 26, 2009

Real World Atlanta: Episode 5

Previously on THE REAL WORLD
The Element pulls up to the Tyler Perry Studios and Tyler Perry greets the roommates as they get out. “So you guys will be coming up with three of the six main characters and you will be working with the writing team on three episodes.”
“What’s wrong, Max?” Cailie asks Max. He says nothing. Cailie drains the two shots.
“Listen Cai, you can make out with whoever, whomever, but I think we’re done. This one’s on me.” Max walks away as Cailie is stunned.
In confessional Jimmy and Vlad both look at the camera. “Dani is my friend. Ray is my girlfriend,” Vlad mimics Todd.
“Vlad, watch what I’m about to do. I WILL have Todd making out with someone NOT named Ray by tonight,” Jimmy predicts.
Cailie is grinding on Todd and Dani looks on, a tad annoyed. “Whatever, girlfriend, whatever. Dance with the whore all you want Todd. I’ll tell Ray. Don’t worry!!” Dani shouts into the crowd, but the music is blaring.

This is the TRUE STORY, of Seven strangers (you’re a rapper?), picked to live in a house (ATL BABY!), and have their lives taped (get the F*** out my face!) to find out what happens when people stop being polite (say it again, I DARE YOU!) and start being real. The Real World: Atlanta!

Kids are shown flying kites at Grant Park. People are playing Ultimate Frisbee while Vlad and Jimmy are running. “What happened last night with Todd? Did he come to bed alone?” Vlad huffs
“Don’t know,” Jimmy says, hardly breaking a sweat. “He never came into the room last night. But something happened. You can count on that.”
“I cannot believe he would do that to his girlfriend,” Vlad is struggling now.
“Are you kidding? First night here he was all over those skanks at the Compound. You can smell that kind out, man. Nice guy, but not faithful.”
The two run by a MARTA bus stop.

“So did you and Todd, uhhhhh, “ Carly and Cailie are talking on MARTA.
“Did we what?” Cailie asks. “You know what I’m talking about Cai,” Carly shoots Cailie a razor-like stare.
“He has a girlfriend. No, we didn’t. We were dancing at the Compound. Close and all, but, like, nothing happened,” Cailie seems like she is trying to convince herself.
“Just seemed like you two were hot and heavy,” winked Carly. “I mean you had just gotten dumped by Max…”
“Yeah, what the heck was that about? He says, ‘make out with who you want to.’ Who was I making out with?”
“I don’t know. That’s crazy? How would he even know or think of anything?” Carly wonders.
“I will say THIS about Todd,” Cailie offers. “I was dancing next to Todd and he rubbed against me.” She gives a mischievous smile and eyebrow raise. She makes a motion with her hands in reference to Todd’s package. Carly cracks up laughing. “REALLY?”
“Really!”

Todd is finally stirring around the house. He peeks his head into Dani’s room, he looks for Vlad in the computer room. He seeks out Jimmy in the weight room. He makes his way to the kitchen and grabs a Vitamin Water. Kevin enters the kitchen. “Hey bro, saw you and Cai last night dancing. Did you uhhhh…”
“What? Shut up Kevin. I have a girlfriend. Cailie was wasted and was grinding all up on me. We’re friends, nothing more,” Todd quickly spit out.
“Just looked like stuff might have led to stuff, know what I’m saying?” Kevin laughs at himself as he cracks an egg into a frying pan.
“Nothing happened bro. Hey you want to get to work on our assignment?” Todd is trying to change the subject.
“umm sure, let me finish this egg sandwich.” Kevin turns away and Todd runs his hand through his hair.

Jimmy and Vlad have returned and see Todd and Kevin in the computer room.
“Hey guys, we’re working on the show. You want to help out? We’ve gotta come up with a character today, so we’re throwing together some ideas,” Todd calls out.
Jimmy pokes his head into the room while elbowing Vlad. “Did ah, you and Cailie…”
“NOPE!” Todd semi-yells without looking up. “Want to help out?”
“Be in in a minute,” Vlad says as his stare could level a building.

Jimmy is jumping up and down as Vlad laughs. “Dude, they hooked UP!”
“How can you tell?” Vlad questions Jimmy.
“They just did. You KNOW they did.”
“Did what?” Dani asks as she walks up to the two giddy idiots.
“You know, Todd and Cailie hooked up last night.
“If they did, Todd would have been taking advantage of her. She was nearly passed out when they came home,” Dani is clearly angry with Todd.
“Jimmy says they made out though,” Vlad lets Dani in on the plot.
“Well she will make out with a tree when she gets drunk,” Dani criticizes her roommate.
Todd suddenly appears, “So we need to work. Come on in. Let’s focus guys.” Dani and Vlad just roll their eyes at his enthusiasm.
Carly and Cailie come home and see everyone in the computer room.
“God, I bet they’re working on that stupid show. Do you even what to work on this?” Carly complains to Cailie. “I don’t even understand how we are going to write this show. Look at me. Jimmy and Dani can do this.”
“Carly, we should probably get in there.” “Oh, do you want to see your boyfriend?”
“Shut up whore.” The two girls giggle as they walk right by the computer room.
Inside, Vlad is looking all around the room, bored while Todd and Jimmy bounce ideas off of each other. Dani and Kevin are trying to contribute, but Todd and Jimmy seem to be ignoring them.

In confessional Kevin and Dani are staring at the camera. “Should we say something?” Dani asks Kevin as she is looking directly at him. “Maybe we should ask Todd?” Kevin answers. “Todd and Jimmy seem to be really pumped about this show. Cai and Car don’t seem to care. Vlad has never seen a black person before, and we are trying to help, but Jimmy and Todd don’t seem to care!” Dani says nonchalantly. “In their defense, we are pretty boring people with zero creativity,” a sarcastic Kevin adds.

Todd walks into the bathroom where Cailie and Carly are standing while Carly washes her face. “So we came up with some good stuff about Miss Doris. I can go over it with you guys if you want to,” Todd offers, barely making eye contact with Cailie.
“I bet you’d like to go over it with Cailie,” Carly says while splashing water over her face. Cailie’s face turns red as Todd mutters something before walking away. “Kidding girl.” They both laugh as Cailie makes the gesture again.

Dani runs into Todd in the hallway and Todd tries to make small talk. “Shut up asshat. Did you and Cailie hook up last night?” Dani spews to Todd.
“What? NO! Why does everyone think that just because SHE was up on ME, that means we hooked up?” Todd is exasperated. “She was all over me Dani. You saw it.”
“You weren’t pushing her away Todd.”
“We were dancing, there was booze,” Todd tries to make excuses.
“No excuse, Todd. You have to tell Ray.”
“I did NOTHING wrong. I danced with my friend, my ROOMMATE. Ray wouldn’t care,” Todd’s voice is quivering, but he is trying to hide it.
“That’s just messed up Todd. You can’t do this to her if you REALLY love her. You either need to let her know or refrain from that sh!t because I know I wouldn’t like it if you were my boyfriend…” Dani stops talking quickly and Todd seems to pick up on what she just said.

Kevin and Vlad are sitting in the hot tub. “So are you going to see your girl soon?” Vlad asks Kevin, but he doesn’t seem interested. “Maybe. She’s cool, but I don’t know. I’ve got to focus on my music and this show.” Kevin rolls his eyes as he brings up the show.
“Let me ask you something Kevin,” Vlad starts. “Do you watch these Tyler Perry shows?”
“Yeah, I’ve seen them.” “Do you like them?”
“I don’t think they’re funny, but whatever maybe ours can be,” Kevin offers.
“So they are supposed to be comedy shows right? Isn’t comedy supposed to be funny?” Vlad questions. “Dude, some people think they are funny,” Kevin laughs at Vlad.
“What’s funny?” Todd asks as he gets into the hot tub.
“Do you think Tyler Perry shows are funny?” asks Kevin?
“Yeah!” Todd blurts. “What, you don’t ?”
“nah, it’s alright,” Kevin starts. “NO!,They suck,” Vlad finishes.
“You guys are crazy,” Todd says as he sips a margarita.
Dani is seen on the phone, “Mom, I am so pissed. There’s a guy here that I am best friends with and I think he may have hooked up with another one of the roommates.” On the other end: Well Dani, what does it matter, unless you like this boy. Do you?” Dani looks out of the phone room to see Todd talking by in just a bathing suit, about to get into the hot tub. “I don’t know Mom. I didn’t know if I’d ever like a boy again, but this one, maybe.” “Dani, do what your heart tells you.” “Thanks Mom.” Dani hangs up the phone and sits by the hot tub. She listens as the boys argue about the merits of Tyler Perry’s programming.

Later Dani is outside smoking a cigarette when Todd comes out and sits by her. “So are you going out with the rest of them?” “Doubt it. I don’t want the drama of last night,” Todd answers, looking at the stars.
“Todd,” sighs Dani. “I am sorry I got pissed at you this morning. But I think the reason I got so upset with you this morning is because…” Dani stops speaking as Todd finally looks at her. “I didn’t make out or even kiss Cailie, Dani. I don’t like her. Seriously, we were drunk. I wouldn’t cheat on Ray with Cai. I love Ray, and wouldn’t want to hurt her like that. I wouldn’t want to ruin what I have over Cailie.” The way Todd says Cailie causes Dani to cock her head.
“The reason I got so pissed at you is because…Listen I didn’t think I’d ever be attracted to or want to be with a guy again. There is just something about…”
Jimmy pops his head out to the porch. “Hey guys, we’re headed to Smith’s Old Pub. Some band that Carly once saw at FSU is playing there. You guys in? Taxi is coming in 10 minutes.”
“Nah man. We’re good,” Todd responds but doesn’t break his gaze with Dani. Dani is entranced right back at Todd. Jimmy senses something is up. “Ohhhhhhh-Key. I’ll pick you up a Smoothie King. Later Lovahs!”
Todd and Dani kind of laugh to break the ice. “You,” Dani finishes.
“What?” Todd asks.
“Something about you. I know you probably love Ray, but I’ve just felt something from you ever since day one here.” Dani stops talking after seeing the gears obviously cranking in Todd’s head.
“I love Ray, but yeah, there is something about you Dani. Something special.” Todd finally says.
“But I respect your relationship too much and I will let this thing die down and…” before Dani can finish Todd leans in and kisses her. Dani is startled at first and pulls back, only to smile and go in and return the kiss. She runs her hands through Todd’s hair while he moves his hand down her back.
The camera pans up as Todd says, “Yeah, no drama here.”
Credits.
Next time ON THE REAL WORLD.
Jimmy enters his room only to immediately turn around wide-eyed. Jimmy and Vlad in confessional as Jimmy says, “confirmed Vladdy.”
Kevin and Kirstin are on a date but Kevin seems uninterested. His eyes catch another female at the bar who smiles. Vlad is drinking a martini at Dantanas when Cailie comes up, drunk and grabs Vlad’s butt. Carly meanwhile grabs Vlad’s other butt cheek. Finally we see Todd on the phone with Ray, crying

No comments: