Friday, July 18, 2008

The Body's Wedding

Want to say Congrats to The Body and Cake, even though Cake DID put Paul's ring on his right hand. She was nervious. I'll give her a pass. The ceremony was nice AND I got to listen to the Wifey sing. NICE. The reception had some FANTASTIC food and the DJ did a pretty good job, (and he was a heckuva lot cooler than OUR ass of a DJ). PLUS he looked like Kelso. Bonus.

But the highlight/lowlight of the night had to have been when Paul came up to me and we had the following conversation:

Paul: So we are about to cut the cake.
Me: Oh ok cool.
Paul: I need you to say something afterwards.
Me: huh?
Paul: Yeah, just give a speech or something.
Me: what?
Paul: Thanks man
Me: How long do I have?
MUSIC FADES
DJ: OOOOOOO-OK Paul and Kate will now cut the cake!

So I had to pull something out of my butt after Paul's dad gave a toast and after one of Paul's groomsmen told the same story he told during the rehearsal dinner.

I sort of remember what I said.

Hey everybody. My name is Fletcher and I am Paul's radio partner. As his radio partner, I have seen his love of sports and how he brings such passion, especially for the Falcons, to the air when we talk. As Paul's friend, I have seen how he loves Kate and I know he will bring that passion, hopefully a different kind, but still passion to their marriage. Over the last few years, we've been lucky enough to become friends with Kate as she has let us in and become friends.

Today you guys solidified your rocks. You now have someone to dance with when you are happy; cry with when you are sad, and you are going to be the leaders of each other's support system.

I just got married about three months ago, but I want to offer you a bit of advice: enjoy your wedding day, but look forward to the marriage and what I hope is a wonderful life together. To Paul and Kate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww....Roomie....that is so lovely!