Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Midweek Entertainment report for 7/23

The Dark Knight arrested? Kid Rock to stay away from WaHo and Thumbs Down to a new critic....
Ladies and Gentlemen the Mid-Week Entertainment report!
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPLCAPLCLAPCLAP!

I see where Ebert and Roeper have left the show (well, Ebert left a while ago after he lost his voice) and Disney is placing them with Ben Lyons of E! and Ben Mankiewicz of TCM. They will call the new show "At the Movies." well apparently Ebert, who HASN'T been on the show for years, does like the direction the new show is going. Ummmm, you haven't been there in how long? Out with the old, in with the new. That would be like me yelling at The Grady College at UGA for moving some classrooms around. Ummm I haven't been there since 2003, what right do I have since SOME ONE ELSE OWNS IT? Yeah, hey Rog, be quiet. Wait, you already are! HA!

Christian Bale allegedly beat up his mom and sister in a London hotel the other day. He reportedly went to the police station but left without charges. I know Batman took "credit" or the blame for the two-face killings, but this too? This is probably a case of the mom and the sister trying to freeload off him and he didn't want to take it and they made up a story. Sometimes people....grrr.

Finally Kid Rock received probation for the fighting incident that took place at an Atlanta Waffle House. I am certainly glad he didn't get banned from the WaHos, because then where would he eat? Oh, Huddle House. Nevermind. But I do like your new song Kid.

One final note, go to ESPN.com and check out the bios/pix of the QBs at the Elite 11 Camp which features the top 12 (interesting I thought it was called the Elite 11?) HS QBs in the country. They are all in Cali right now at the camp and Stafford is one of the counselors. UGA has two QBs taking part (Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger) and that is cool, if you ask me. I have seen Mettenberger play at Oconee County, and he can chuck it. Murray has that look though. He worries me. I think he is going to be just an OUTSTANDING QB, but he reminds me of the smarmy QB from the teen high school movies that makes fun of the nerd main characters. Nothing wrong with being that way and I would LOVE to have that moxie as our QB, but he will certainly be a heckling target by our opponents, even more so than Mettenberger would. Look at the pic and see if you see what I am talking about.

No comments: