Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brooke White COULD make it.

I remember watching American Idol and thinking, wow, Brooke White, it just.... I don't know. Something was right, but wasn't at the same time. I remember thinking, she is nice, but she won't sell anything.
Now I think I was wrong.
Outside of the two Davids, I would venture to say that SHE might sell the most from this season. Yep, more than MJ, more than Carly, more than Jason Castro, Syesha (or however you spelled her name).
I think Brooke White, if she wants to, could become a top seller.

She had that whole "singer/songwriter" thing going for her throughout the competition and that is really hot right now. Look at Colbie Caillat. Look at Sara Bareilles. Those two women have the singer/songwriter thing working, why couldn't Brooke White jump right in on that? She can play the piano. She can play the guitar. She has that meek personality that reminds me of Violet from Coyote Ugly. AND she is good looking enough to pull off the whole thing.

She will have to come up with something catchy, but I think she can do it, and if marketed the same way as Caillat and Bareilles, she could do it. It has to be that type of music though, since she was never a power singer. It HAS to be a bottle it up/realize type song for it to work. But it could. It certainly could.

Also, I just wanted to say that I saw Katy Perry on SYTYCD, and boy was THAT a disappointment. Wow. I love that song, and while she is slightly attractive, I was expecting her to be incredibly hot (hey, I'm a guy. cut me a break), but it just wasn't. Although I DID like how she gave Cat Deeley a hug at the end. That was fun. Now I am thinking about those two. MY DAY IS MADE.

No comments: