Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Midweek-entertainment report 7/9/08

Because YOUR screen is so popular right now, more MICHAEL SCOTT, and IT'S A BABY!

Ladies and Gents, It's the midweek entertainment report!
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

(First off, since I said Gents, I thought I would throw my thoughts out on that show "From G's to Gents". In the promo for it, the one "G" says, "if not for this show, I'd be in jail or dead." The other one says, "this is more than a show, this is real life. I can't go back!" Ummm, hey guys, you CAN stop being "G's" on your own. Take you grills out. Stop dressing in overly baggy clothing. Instead of buying those jeans in that style, guy some khakis. Just saying.... Needless to say, I will NOT be watching that one.)

Now then, I saw where some dude named John R Martin is suing Nintendo, saying that since he patented the idea of a touch screen, the Nintendo DS violated the patent. Really, because it also sounds like since 1995, touchscreens have been updated, and interestingly enough, it looks like you updated the patent only AFTER the screen came out. As far as this lawsuit, Mr. Martin, I didn't see your touchscreen in Best Buy the other day. I've seen the N:DS, but never yours. Sorry. This is like Al Gore saying he invented the internet. I will patent it right now...a touchscreen TV. If microsoft invents it, I AM SUING!

Roomie sent me info saying that Steve Carell aka MICHAEL SCOTT will stick around The Office for a few more seasons. Thank goodness. I was worried he would leave to make movies and we'd be stuck with Jon Lovitz as the new boss. Actually, I would have preferred Ricky Gervias to come in as the new boss, but I REALLY wanted Michael "STEAK" Scott to stay in Scranton. Thank goodness he is. WOOOO HOOOO!

Hey, Matthew McConaughey and his girlfriend welcomed a baby boy into the world earlier this week. Yep, you guessed it, the boy was not wearing a shirt when he was develivered. HA!
Speaking of new babies, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman had a baby girl and they named her Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, named after some Painting. Wow. I guess I will name my kid Dogs Playing Poker Proctor.

Finally, a bonus for the loyal readers out there.....apparently Jon Peter Lewis and Ace Young each released an independent record. Both were American Idol flameouts, in various seasons, JPL the Pen salesman and Ace the Face with no real talent besides the ability to (sometimes) hit the high note. I am AMAZED that those guys didn't get snatched up. What gives? wait.....now I remember. they weren't good. THAT'S RIGHT.

Tomorrow, i create, THE ULTIMATE BAND!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you listened to Jon Peter Lewis's new music? You owe it to yourself to check out his myspace. It's really great stuff. I can take or leave Ace, but Jon is well worth a new look.