Monday, July 21, 2008

Campillo puts me in my place

Earlier this year I said that Jorge Campillo was Spanish for Blaine Boyer (and Blaine Boyer was French for "awful at my job") and last week on EVHEI, I had the gall to say that the Braves would be looking for a #4 starter for next year's rotation with 1Huddy 2Jair3Jo-Jo 4? and 5Morton. I even called Campillo this year's Jorge Sosa.

Well tonight Jorge shoved it in my face. They guy goes 7 strong, allowing only 2 hits and sparks the Bravos to a 4-0 win in Miami on the Braves make-or-break roadtrip. If the Braves don't find themselves 4.5 out or less after this roadtrip, count the season as over. The team got clutch hitting from Chip and tex, and just looked good when they needed to. That's about all I can say on this one.

Hopefully the rookie Morton can give them some solid innings tomorrow and these guys can take the series with the fish. Before the San Diego win, when was the last time the Bravos won a road series? How about a division series? It has been FAR too long. I guess the law of averages is catching up and with Soriano back now and the Cobra swaying like a champ, maybe the team will win a few more road games and allow EVHEI to stay on the air.

If you don't do it for anything else Braves, do it so I can stay on the air. Holla!
Plus it is so much more fun writing these things after the Braves win. It just is.

No comments: