Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Gall of that guy!

I just read an on-line review of the movie Hancock on yahoo, that called the "twist" during the middle of the movie, "perhaps the best twist in cinematic history!" I am hoping this guy was just using that line to get onto the movie poster or to have people (like me) discuss him on their personal blogs. Well I will NOT mention his name or give a link to his site, but I will call him an idiot.

(And PS, why was I reading a review on Hancock? because I like it movies have a twist, though even if it sounded like it TRULY WAS the best twist ever, I would NEVER see a Will Smith movie. You could be giving away money at the end of a Will Smith movie, and I won't go see it. And don't call me racist. Will Smith is whiter than I am!)

But if you haven't seen Hancock, and odds are you haven't (HA!) the twist, according to this guy is that Will Smith loses his powers when he is around Charlize Theron and she has powers too or something. They were created in a lab as part of some experiement. Whatever. Don't care.

But THAT is the big twist? Are you kidding? Is that Verbal at the end of The Usual Suspects? NO!
was that Leonard having already killed John G then deciding to go after Teddy at the "end" of Memento? NO!
was that Rosebud? NO!
was that Bruce Willis being dead at the end of 6th Sense? NO!
was that even Renee Wheeler being Lindsey Gardner's Mom on the OC? NO!

It was a bit of a twist, but the best ever? NO!

And another question I have....why is Will Smith still getting all of these leading roles? I know he wins the MTV movie awards for these (why, may I ask? Wait, they lost their credibility when they rigged it for JOHNNY DEPP to win best male in a comedic performance for POTC!)
Shouldn't Will Smith have to earn these roles? I guess they make SOME money because Smith does have a following that is dwindling down with every crappy role he takes. What happened to him becoming a "serious" actor after the whole Ali role? Oh, producers would still rather cast Denzel and Morgan over Smith. Gotcha!

Bottom line, this idiot who called this the best twist ever should have his blog removed from yahoo, but he won't because he'll get tons of clicks, just like Terrence Moore should have his blog removed from the AJC, but they keep baiting the hook and people keep biting and falling for it. Therefore they get to keep a spot. Oh well. They've gotten a gig that works for them. No respect, but a gig.

No comments: