Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well of COURSE Bailey won!

Watched Legally Blonde finale last night between Bailey and Autumn, (thankfully Rhiannon was CUT at the start of the show) and you saw the final audition between the chick I picked as my favorite after the first episode (Bailey) v the girl I thought had the best chance at winning (Autumn). As the series went on, you saw that Autumn could blast the doors off as a singer, but Bailey just WAS Elle Woods.
She was a WAY better dancer than Autumn (and Rhiannon ps) and could sing well enough. In fact as a singer, she wasn't the best, but she sang like I thought Elle would sing.
Plus she just plain had the look. In the final audition, Bailey EASILY won round one, took round two (but not by the huge margin I was expecting) and held her own in round three. I had Autumn winning round three, but Bailey didn't lose by that much. Her going last really helped her out.
In the end, the choice was clear, it HAD TO BE BAILEY. Now Broadway has its newest star and I am sure BECAUSE of the show, it will be sold out for quite a while.

And PS, I was joking the whole second half of the show that Haylee Duff would say, "And the next Elle Woods is....ME! Sorry girls, but I'm Haylee Duff!" And then the girls would say, "Yeah, you are Lizzie McGuire's sister and you 'starred' on 7th Heaven. You suck."
But it never came to that.

I also thought it was funny when the dance cast was dancing with Bailey and Autumn when they kept messing up during rehearsal. I kept waiting for one of them to yell, "WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO TRY OUT? I AM BETTER THAN THESE TWO!"

Finally, I think the reason Bailey won was because she wanted to be Elle. Autumn just wanted to be on Broadway. She didn't care if it was as Roxy Hart, Rizzo, Elle, whatever. She just wants to be on broadway. And I think the judges saw that.

Overall, congrats Bailey, and just wanted to say, "I called that!"

No comments: