Friday, July 25, 2008

Too early to talk CFB?

I don't THINK SO! It never is. I won't weigh in on Urban Meyer v Mark Richt in what Urban Crier is MAKING into a BIG DEAL. Hey Urban, it's all in your head and I agree with the writer who said that you are probably the MOST mad that you didn't think to do it first.

No, today I want to talk about what youngsters I think will make the impact for the Dawgs this season. Caleb King is an obvious choice since I think he will have a similiar impact to what Knowshon had last year. I am looking forward to when both are on the field at the same time and CMR and CBoBo use Knowshon as a decoy and let Caleb run the other way to a score. Caleb was FANTASTIC as a junior and even before his senior year injury, he was doing pretty well at GAC.
AJ Green, I've seen the Youtube highlights and this guy is going to be ZONEtastic. I would think at this point MoMass has the one WR spot locked up and maybe Kris Durham/Kenneth Harris on the other side, and AJ Green will get some into the slot and maybe get some jumpball Opps in the redzone. Tavarras King (sorry on the spelling there), I saw him play and he was always the best player on the field, but he should take the redshirt. AJ will play, but let Tony Wilson and Michael Moore (the football player, not the a-hole director) rotate in and out. Throw in Aron White and Bruce along with TChandler at TE and Stafford should have PLENTY of options.

At RB, go ahead and slap a redshirt on DJax and Richard Samuel, but The Animal Samuel got to school early and he wouldn't have gone to school early if he wasn't going to play. The kid (and he is only like 16 or 17) is a beast and showed so in the G-Day game, so he has the talent. I am more interested though in slapping the RS on him and looking at the Carlton Thomas kid from Florida. They compared him to Noel Devine and that is awesome. A little 5'9 speedster. Change of pace. THAT would be fun to watch.

On Defense, DeAngelo Tyson intrigues me, but I don't know if he will be needed with all of the big bodies the Dline already has out there. The rest of the D is loaded so, probably no real fresh faces in there.

A Frosh kicker could lead me to bite my nails a bunch, but Billy Bennett did fine as a frosh, so did Coutu. Wilson will be fine.

And finally, sorry Joe Cox, but I hope Logan Gray is the #2 this year. His element of moving the pocket around is exciting, and I hope MS is playing so well that Logan can mop up late in a few games.

So let's see White, Green, and Thomas with a little Gray mixed in. Maybe even Samuel too.

Go Dawgs! Can't wait!

No comments: