Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No Mas Hills?

When I first heard the dork that cohosts the Hills Aftershow allude to this frightening possibility, I thought, "Oh no." What will I watch after Prisonbreak on Mondays?
The two "hosts" of the Aftershow tried to say that I would have Twitney's new show The City to look forward to (more on this in a second), but I just thought, CRAP. Why would MTV cancel one of its biggest shows? LC says she is tired of TV? Really? You think people are going to buy your crappy clothing line when you don't have a show anymore? I think not. Remember any of the "stars" of the Real World shows that aren't on the Challenges these days? No. THAT'S what would happen to you. You would become the next Amaya. Look forward to it.

And how could LC take away Brody's TV time? Same with Frankie? And if The Hills went away, how would I ever know how Audrina and Justin Bobby's relationship turned out. (Though I can guess that they'd get together, have a little sex, then he would be a jerk to her, they'd breakup, just to start the cycle over again....)
Heidi and Spencer I am not so worried about because if MTV doesn't give them their own show (which I would TOTALLY WATCH, and you would too!) I have a feeling they would move to NYC and appear on Twitney's show. And if Twit's show started to fall back, LC's "job" at People's Revolution (or whatever her place of fake employment is called) would send her to NYC for two episodes, er I mean a few weeks to salvage the ratings, even though I think that LC might be the worse character on her own show....

But then they previewed Twit's show and I have to say that WOW, it appears she actually has a vocabulary of more than just "OMG," and "yeah," and "uh huh." Apparently the producers/writers have expanded her lexicon to include full sentences and perhaps her OWN opinions. I mean, she won't be able to just agree with LC on The City. Might be a stretch for her, but we shall see.
The City looks pretty interesting and Olivia might be the new Spencer, at least that is how that are maybe trying to set it up. And You've gotta love the potential for a love triangle. Sorry Twit, but I am not certain that you are going to turn out smart enough to figure out who is lying. You maybe be finding out when you watch the episodes just like the rest of us. There IS a reason I call you Twitney. No offense, but if the hair color fits.

Bottom line, I am hoping that this spinoff(The City) to a spinoff(The Hills) to a more-or-less spinoff(Laguna Beach) to a popular show (The OC) that was possibly a show created in homage to another (90210) is just a temporary thing and we will get The Hills back in April. A 14 year old girl trapped in a 27 year old guy's body can hope, right?

No comments: