Monday, October 20, 2008

Well I had a drug problem TOO, now pay ME!

Oh, I guess, instead of just getting a job like normal people, former actors and actresses are coming out with their LIFE STORIES ;) and getting paid. Maureen McCormick aka Marcia Brady I guess realized that the royality checks from The Brady Bunch were starting to dry up so she has started hitting the VH1 former celeb reality series tour.

Her first stop was Celebrity Fit Club, then it was some show with Bobby Brown, then ANOTHER show with Bobby Brown where they ran a Bed and Breakfast. Yeah, I'd want to stay THERE, not.

And now her "tell-all" book "Here's the Story" where she reveals that she got hooked on drugs and was, at one point, trading sex for cocaine. Nice. Here is my question, Marcia, why? Was being a child star that terrible? I mean you had Steve Martin wanting to date you (and you blew that.) You had Stephen Speilberg wanting to cast you in Raiders of the Lost Arc( and you blew that.)
Did Cindy do blow? No, and she had a lisp. She totally had a reason to need to do it. Did Jan do blow? No, and she had the middle child syndrome. But perfect little Marcia needed to rock the nose candy. Was it because you were sleeping with your brother? Hmmmmmm.

This just goes back to my hatred of child actors and my reasoning for NOT wanting them to talk until they are 16 or 18. That way you wouldn't have all of these actors so F-ed up as 20 year old or adults.

But VH1 is disagreeing with me because if these child actors didn't get so messed up, then what would VH1 do for programming? I mean, what if Screech had never gotten fat? If Marcia never did blow? If Peter Brady had never gone on to do NOTHING with his life.... I think VH1 is secretly hooking these kids on drugs and getting them to F their lives up so in 26 years, VH1 will have programming. Hey, I guess they are constantly planting the seeds to bloom down the road. So pretty soon we should be seeing several shows with the crew from Adventures of Pete N Pete, and Sam from Clarissa explains it all and the Fat chick from All That.

Maybe just maybe we can have some NORMAL child actors and actresses? (you know, assuming the rules of our zonetastic President of TV aren't enacted anytime soon..) Hey, can we please make sure the chick from Litte Miss Sunshine doesn't get hooked on XTC in the next 3 months? I don't want her ending up FAT like Marcia Brady and having to talk to Mara Davis on Dave FM. (Actually I don't want ANYONE to have to suffer that fate....)

No comments: