Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Bats come alive late

So the Braves won't go 0-162 this season. Thank Goodness. Actually the bats have really been at it the last two games, just Wednesday the pitching was there too.

Jair Jurrjens was nice last night. He seems to be a great swap for Edgar, though MAYBE I should wait for more than one start to see if he really is the real deal. (But what fun would THAT be?)

Chris Resop can certainly chuck the ball can't he? 98mph, 97mph. NICE.

I was a little worried though after the first few innings. The Braves had chances the first two innings to break this thing open, but only came away with one run. They more than made up for it though in the 8th.

(Sorry this blog is so scattered and random, but I saved my big shot for right here)

And one final beef I have is with Big Tex. I know you hit the home run last night. Good, I hope this jump starts you. But you admit that you are always a slow starter, and you close the season with a bang. You have also said that you don't think spring training matters that much. You don't look for success, you just look to get back into baseball form, or something like that. I've read it in the ajc and heard the announcers talk about it. Let me ask you this.....maybe if you took spring training more seriously, you could play a full successful season instead of putting up amazing numbers in about 3/4 of a season. I'd love to see you prep for the ENTIRE season. if you can hit 40HRs over the last 2/3 of the year, train hard and hit 60 over 162! Come on Mark. Big Tex. I think that if you want to blow off Spring Training like you do, then you had better come out like gangbusters and not slump the first month of the season as you "adjust." That's what spring training is for.

Again, that said, I hope you turn it on and help lead this team to the World Series, or at least the playoffs.

Extra Innings premires tonight following the Braves game. www.790thezone.com or just visit the link at the bottom of the page to listen online.

Also, be sure to look for me in Score Atlanta in two weeks as I am being moved from the WNBA's Atlanta Dream beat to the Braves' beat. So I am going to be a beat writer for the team. Don't worry though. You will still get the honest truth on this blog.

No comments: