Monday, March 2, 2009

Hey Cutler, quit being a BABY!

Let me start off this rant by saying that I am a HUGE Jay Cutler fan. I thought he was the best QB of his draft class (Leinart, Young...couldn't hold Cutler's jock strap). I think he is probably the best young QB in the game, better than Rivers, EManning, Roethlisberger and Ryan (sorry Matt Ryan, but I think Cutler has you beat on arm strength. As for Roethlisberger, yeah, you have two titles, but you can thank your defense and running game, something Cutler doesn't have. He'd have two titles too if he was on that Pittsburgh team).

But I have to call a time out to scold him for his actions yesterday and his comments from the ESPN story this morning.
According to the story, Cutler was scheduled to return to Denver this week to continue learning the team's new playbook under McDaniels. A source close to Cutler said that the quarterback is "too stung" by the trade talks and has refused to speak with McDaniels by phone, let alone travel from his Tennessee home back to Denver.

"I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point," Cutler told The Denver Post. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."


Dude, your career record is 17-20 since 2006 when you became the starter. I am willing to overlook the record because I can see your talent, but when you start popping off like you have this weekend....you are losing me Jay. Gosh, you are taking this so maturely. Handling this with such class. Bro, your name was floated in a trade rumor where your NEW COACH thought about possibly shedding your contract and bringing in a guy that knows his system along wtih a draft pick or two. The NFL is a business. DEAL WITH IT.

And now that you are being SUCH a professional, I can't imagine that your team won't be just THRILLED to have you back. Good thing you are probably at home, studying your playbook, right? Oh, that's right, you are at home "feeling stung." Umm Jay, I just crossed the Broncos off the list of potential contenders since your pity party is interfering with meeting and discussing the playbook with your coaches.

I wonder if Jeff Garcia is getting a call about moving to the greater Denver area right about now....

No comments: