Thursday, March 5, 2009

Real World Atlanta, episode 6

Previously on THE REAL WORLD….
Kevin and Vlad are sitting in the hot tub. “So are you going to see your girl soon?” Vlad asks Kevin, but he doesn’t seem interested. “Maybe. She’s cool, but I don’t know
Carly and Cailie come home and see everyone in the computer room.“God, I bet they’re working on that stupid show. Do you even what to work on this?” Carly complains to Cailie. “I don’t even understand how we are going to write this show.”
Dani is seen on the phone, “Mom, I am so pissed. There’s a guy here that I am best friends with and I think he may have hooked up with another one of the roommates.” On the other end: Well Dani, what does it matter, unless you like this boy. Do you?”
Todd leans in and kisses her. Dani is startled at first and pulls back, only to smile and go in and return the kiss. She runs her hands through Todd’s hair while he moves his hand down her back.


This is the TRUE STORY, of Seven strangers (you’re a rapper?), picked to live in a house (ATL BABY!), and have their lives taped (get the F*** out my face!) to find out what happens when people stop being polite (say it again, I DARE YOU!) and start being real. The Real World: Atlanta!
Shots of Smith’s Old Pub are shown with the Roommates leaving. Meanwhile back at home Dani and Todd are seen in Todd’s room, getting “comfortable.” The other roommates are piling into a cab to come home.
“So where the f*ck are Dani and Todd?” a drunk Carly asks. “Probably working on our show,” responds Cailie. “I freaking hope so. I don’t want to do that s#!t,” slurs Carly.
“Hey Vladdy, you know where Todd is? $20 says in bed with Dani,” Jimmy smart allackly says. “$20? You’re on. Dani is gay, Jimmy.”
“Yeah, gay right in bed with Todd!” Jimmy says, then realizes how stupid that sounded.

Back at the house, moaning is coming from Jimmy and Todd’s room as Dani and Todd are no longer “just getting comfortable.” A shot of the phone room is seen and the answering machine clicks on. It is Ray leaving a message. “Hey Todd. Haven’t heard from you in a few days. Miss you. Call me some time. Love you.”
Todd and Dani moan one more time when the front door swings open. A drunk Carly nearly falls through the door. Cailie is wearing Carly’s cowboy hat and Kevin is having to nearly carry her through the door. “Let’s go to the hot tub!” shouts Carly. Jimmy and Vlad laugh to each other and then decide it is a good idea.
“OK, but only if you go topless Car,” Jimmy slyly drops in.
“I’ll do it. Whooooooooo won’t! Who? Whooooo!” Carly drunkenly howls.
“I want to see Vlad with no shirt on,” Cailie tries to sound seductive. “I never wear a shirt in the hot tub Cailie,” Vlad rolls his eyes.
“Shut up. NO PANTS!” Cailie says before disappearing into her room. A loud crash is heard. “I’m OK!”
Jimmy enters his room only to immediately turn around wide-eyed. “OMIGOD!” Jimmy yells. Jimmy and Vlad in confessional as Jimmy says, “confirmed Vladdy.” Vlad gives Jimmy $20. “I hate to say I called that, but let’s go back to the tape!” A replay of Jimmy is shown of Jimmy calling it. “That’s what I thought.”
Dani emerges from Todd and Jimmy’s room, wearing one of Todd’s shirts. Todd comes out topless, wearing a pair of Seahawks boxers. Kevin pulls up beside Todd and throws his arm around a clearly happy Todd. “So, two in two days. My MAN!”
“Shut up Kevin,” Todd snaps back, but not with the usual venom he normally spews at K-Dawg. Jimmy approaches Todd and Todd immediately throws up his hands.
“Don’t say anything!” Todd starts, but Jimmy isn’t smiling. “Dude, that was pretty uncool to do to Ray. I knew you didn’t with Cailie last night, but you were sober tonight. I saw you before we left. That’s pretty uncool, man. You should treat your woman right. You want to be with Dani, cool. Tell Ray. I remember when we first got here though. You said we needed to look out for each other. That is pretty low man.” Jimmy scolds Todd. “You’re right. I should tell Ray.” Todd walks off and Jimmy heads to Confessional.
“The puppetmaster!” grins Jimmy.

Back in the hottub, Dani has reappeared in a bikini and is sitting by Todd, trying to snuggle, but Todd doesn’t seem to be as comfortable as he was before Jimmy’s talk. Kevin and Vlad are too busy flirting with Carly and Cailie to really pay attention. Carly and Cailie seem to be more interested in Vlad though. “What’s wrong baby?” Dani asks. “You don’t regret anything do you?”
“No. You were amazing. I just feel bad about Ray. What am I going to say to her?”
“What are you feeling right now?” Dani asks.
“I think I want to be with you right now and not worry about it,” Todd forces a smile, and kisses Dani’s head.
“Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!” Carly hoots. “Wait, did you guys…” and Carly licks both of her index fingers and then rubs them together.
“Shut up Carly,” Todd laughs.
“Did you…” Carly licks her palm and rubs her other hand.
“Shut up Carly,” Todd laughs, but not are pleasantly.
“Did you…” Carly sucks her finger and opens her eyes really wide.
“Hey, WHORE, SHUT THE F**k up!” Dani screams.
“Whoooooooooaaaa,” Cailie responds while jazz-handing, much to Kevin’s amusement.
“Wow, the lesbian is angry. Watch out Cailie!” Carly laughs.
Dani starts to lunge at Carly when Todd seizes her arm, holding her back. “Carly, you’re drunk. Why don’t you just chill out. Dani, she’s drunk,” Todd tries to settle the hot tub down.
“Yeah, come to her rescue Romeo!” Kevin tries to make Cailie laugh.
“Kevin, watch yourself. I will knock you out. Shut the fu(k up.” The venom is back in Todd’s voice.
“I leave for one minute and this whole place goes to s#!t,” Jimmy laughs as he enters the hot tub. Dani gets out and Todd starts to, but Dani asks him to stay. “I’m fine,” Dani says curtly.
“Yeah, she’s fine,” Jimmy pats Todd on the arm. Dani is staring daggers at Carly, who is laughing and stroking Vlad.
-Commercial. Don’t miss Piano Key Necktie’s newest release, Single Guys! Out this Tuesday!
The crew, save Dani, are still in the hot tub. Jimmy and Vlad are now flirting with Carly and Cailie while Todd and Kevin are not speaking to each other in the tub. After a while, Jimmy announces he is headed to bed, “but Vladdy, the ladies are yours, except Dani. She’s Todd’s.” With that Jimmy leaves and Todd gets out too.
“Dude, why are you so pissed I hooked up with Dani? That’s my business. I don’t need you judging me. You don’t know what’s going on with me?” Todd says after he tracks down Jimmy.
“Dude, it is your life. I was just trying to look out for you. You asked me to our first day. We ‘relationship’ guys have to look out for each other. I was just giving you a hard time because I don’t want that happening to me. You know what I’m saying?” Jimmy unloads.
“You’re right. I don’t know what I’m going to say to Ray. Or Dani,” Todd sighs.
“You’ll think of something,” Jimmy says as he turns away.
Back in the hot tub, Carly and Cailie are both seeking Vlad’s attention. Vlad is clearly enjoying the attention. Kevin seems a bit tweaked at this development of his receiving ZERO attention. A shot of the moon is shown as Vlad and the two girls laugh.

The next day Kevin is shown on the phone with Kirstin. “So babe, you want to hang out tonight or something?” “Yeah, how about we grab a bite at Azio’s downtown?”
“That works. See you then,” Kevin hangs up, but looks empty.

Vlad meanwhile is working out and Carly and Cailie are both running on the treadmill, both watching Vlad pump ze iron. Vlad picks up on what is going on. “OK, what is going on here?”
“What are you talking about Vladdy?” Carly asks. Cailie blushes a bit.
“Why have you two been following me like puppies?” Vlad questions the girls.
“Well Vlad,” Carly starts, “I think you are attractive. Cailie thinks you are attractive. We would like to go on a date with you. Wooooooould you be interested?”
“On a date? The three of us?” Vlad has stopped working out and is staring in disbelief at the ladies. “Yeah Vladdy. The three of us. Let’s go. Tonight.” Cailie nods as Carly finishes speaking.
“Tonight. OK. This is going to be weird,” Vlad looks at Cailie. She is not making eye contact.

Kevin picks up Kirstin and they head out. He seems uninterested. Kirstin is in the bathroom while Kevin is at the bar, drinking a Stella. His eyes catch another female at the bar who smiles. Kevin raises an eyebrow and the other female begins to approach when Kirstin returns. They take their seats and Kevin still has a line of sight with his mystery women. Kirstin is talking about her work, promoting a new club and Kevin is barely answering. “You could come and perform one night, if you want to.” This seems to pique Kevin’s interest. “What kind of people come to your club?” Kevin asks.
“I am not sure many hiphop lovers, but they’d like you I’d be willing to wager. If Big Boi likes you, they will too.” Kevin ponders and agrees to do it.

Meanwhile at Dantanna’s in Buckhead, Vlad is drinking a martini when Cailie comes up, buzzing and grabs Vlad’s butt. Carly meanwhile grabs Vlad’s other butt cheek. “Ladies, excuse me. My how nice you both look,” Vlad compliments the girls.
“Carly made me do two vaultkas before we left,” Cailie admits. “She’s a lightweight,” Carly mockingly whispers to Vlad.
“What is a Vaultka?” Vlad asks. “Oh, you’d like it. It’s Vault and a shot of vodka. Like a jaegerbomb,” answers Carly, proud of her invention.
“Sounds dangerous,” Vlad retorts and points at Cailie.

Kevin is walking Kirstin to her door. They kiss goodnight. “Do you want to come up? We had fun last time,” Kirstin says, but her enthusiasm isn’t as hot as it was the previous date. “Kirstin, I think maybe this was fun, but we should just keep this professional. I like you, but maybe we just meet professionally, like at your club?” Kevin offers.
“What? Are you trying to break up with me?” Suddenly Kirstin appears to have interest in the relationship. “You think you are still going to rap at my club? Piss off!” Kirstin’s British accent leaks out with her last statement. She slams the door in Kevin’s face and he turns to hail a cab.

Back at the house, Vlad and Carly and Cailie are getting out of the cab and Carly is drapped on Vlad while he is looking at Cailie, as she holds his hand. She is now longer drunk as she looks longingly at Vlad. “I’ll be right back,” Carly slurs. It appears she has had a few more Vaultkas. Vlad and Cailie head to the hot tub. Carly returns in boyshorts and a sheer bra top. Vlad gets into the hottub in his boxers and Cailie is in her cami and thong. Vlad and Cailie appear to get really flirting while watching Carly splash around.

Meanwhile Todd is on the phone with Ray.
“Hey Babe, sorry I haven’t called in a while.”
“Yeah, I missed you,” Ray answers. The two make small talk and Todd tells Ray about the Tyler Perry show.
“Listen, there is something I want to tell you. You know how I was telling you about Dani, who went with me to see my mom? We….” His voice cracks as his eyes begin to tear up.” Todd tells her as he begins to really cry. His admission is met with silence. “I’m so sorry Ray.”
“Well how do you feel now? What are you going to do? Do you even want me to be there when you come home?”
“Ray, I’m sorry. I don’t know right now. Dani just reminds me of you and that’s why I…”
“Todd. I don’t want to hear that. What are you thinking right now?” Ray cries into the home.
“Baby I’m sorry. I just don’t,” he cannot finish as he is crying.
“Think about it. I love you. If you still want what we have, we can talk about it when you get home. But I am so angry with you right now. I am going to hang up and I don’t want you to call me back. I’ll call you in two weeks. Have an answer for me.” The phone clicks. Dani enters and gives Todd a hug.
“This is hard Dani,” Todd says. “It’s only hard if you don’t know what you want to do.”
“I think I’m crying because I feel bad for Ray. I don’t regret what I did, but I hurt for her. She is such an amazing girl. I love her, but I don’t know if I’m still IN love with her.” Todd is trying to work things through in his head.
Dani picks up on this and pulls away. “You need some space?” “She is going to call in two weeks she said,” Todd answers.
“No, I mean from us, Todd,” Dani is stone serious.
“I don’t want to be away from you. I think we were supposed to be here together,” Todd starts but Dani cuts him off. “Todd, don’t start with that. You know I don’t believe in that.”
“Don’t shut me off, you cute thing you,” Todd nuzzles Dani cheek. Dani kisses Todd back. The two make out in the phone room as the credits hit.

Next time on THE REAL WORLD…
Jimmy’s girlfriend Abby comes for a visit. Todd and Dani are working on the show and no one else is helping. Carly and Cailie talk about Vlad and Cailie seems to have become smitten with the big guy. Vlad is later shown throwing a beer at Kevin’s head. Carly is kissing Vlad, in front of Cailie. Cailie in turn makes out with Vlad in the hot tub when Carly tries to cut in and Vlad puses her away. Finally Jimmy and Abby are seen together at the front door and Jimmy is apologizing.

No comments: