Friday, March 20, 2009

Paul Mac's take on the Falcons draft.

I think they can go a lot of ways but they aren’t drafting Brandon Pettigrew in the first. I think they will be defensively heavy but unless they see someone falling they want to grab they might trade up.

I still think like I did months ago that they like Chase Coffman in maybe the 3rd kind of like how they picked up Harry Douglas. Apparently they also interviewed Louis Delmas but if you have a bad year next year don’t you want a chance to take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

It’s really wide open but the most need for the Falcons is really on the inside of the line or at outside linebacker. I think the #1 pick is probably the best player (on their board) at one of those positions they can get. If someone does fall I think they take an offensive tackle especially if Oher is available. I think from Georgia they might try and pickup Brannan Southerland to replace their extremely expensive fullback.

Other than that, it’s really very open like last year. They can really afford to take whatever they want on defense.

Paul Mac will be blogging about the Falcons through the draft. Check back for more of Sleazy P. He stays classy.

No comments: