Friday, March 27, 2009

Sportsbyfletch Bracket challenge update

After the first night of Sweet16 games, Roomie's Final Four and final game picks took a MAJOR hit with Dook losing to Villanova (they got killt, Roomie. You should have known better than to pick the Dookies!) and ESPECIALLY with Memphis losing to Mizzou. I had Memphis knocking off Mizzou, but EVERYONE knew that Memphis was going to lose before the Championship game. Coach Cal didn't care about free throws and while that wasn't why they lost, it certainly didn't help.

Meanwhile, Sleazy P is trying to make a comeback, but it will ONLY be for second place.

Yes, I am PROUD to say that this year one FLETCHER PROCTOR will be the champion of the 1st ever Sportsbyfletch Bracket Challenge.

I have so many people to thank.
First off, my competition for not picking better than me.

I'd also like to thank Mizzou and Villanova. Nova, you keep it up. You might just win me a pizza party!

I'd also like to thank Klimpsen for sucking at ALL of the major sports. WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR! (Oh, you mean when you guys go 17-0, only to end the year 20-15 with loses in the first round of the ACC and the NIT? OK!)

Gosh, Tim Riggins, Pacey and JT. Without you guys, celebrating this win wouldn't be as fun.

Levance Fields and Jamie Dixon. You guys at Pitt just keep on chugging. Now just lose to Nova, and I get PIZZA!

Jimmy Calhoun and Thabeet, without you guys, I might really have been sweating a hard charge by Roomie for the Final Four. (But you guys NEED to take out Mizzou. That would clinch it for me, if my math is correct.)

Tom Izzo. I picked you guys and how about you do me a favor and knock off Louisville. make me look smart could ya please?

OU and Blake Griffin. I love wearing my OU hat. (It fits so well). Let's take out Da Cuse then fall to UNC in a great game. Could we do that?

I want to thank JC. MY BOY! Don't worry Bro, I've got this Lent thing in the bag. You needn't worry about me chillin' with Lou Lou for all eternity.

Oh, I would be remiss if I didn't thank my wife. She was my inspiration, my muse when I filled out my bracket. Without her, I would have probably picked a final four of Radford, Dayton, Maryland and Stephen F Austin.

Thanks for Chimer for nearly eating my bracket. Also, a big thank you to Le Duck for being so needy.

I want to that that prick waiter at George's in La Jolla who didn't know Atlanta was bigger than San Diego.

How could I forget all of the people who, in the rain, turn their hazards on while driving and in the process, disable their brakes so you cannot see when they slow down.

Thank you to the staff at Garrison's for making Calamari that isn't disgusting.

Thanks to Archie and Jughead for providing so many laughs over the years.

A shoutout to Jon Richt. Stick with it baby. You'll catch on somewhere. I can just see you tearing up Furman's depth chart!

Much love should be extended to Damon Evans for FINALLY firing Dennis Felton. (though I am still not sure what my next cause should be.) Let's get a quality coach in there though. I guess we are thinking about the Mizzou coach who might be another Felton. Could we PLEASE break the bank for Jay Wright?

Thanks to Katy Perry for giving us such good music.

And finally, thanks to MYSELF. I FILLED OUT THE DADGUM BRACKET SO I SHOULD GET ALL OF THE CREDIT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am the smartest man ALIVE!

No comments: