Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Midweek entertainment report 3/18/09

Whora-the explorer? Stacy Keach won't be returning to Prisonbreak anytime soon, Idol goes country and is Sportsbyfletch shutting down?
Ladies and Gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report!

SLIGHT CLAPPING AS PEOPLE ARE WORRIED....

Nickelodeon and Mattel recently came under some fire from angry mothers across America when the new Dora the Explorer doll's updates leaked onto the internet. Apparently, Nick and Mattel were ready for Dora to grow up from age 5 to age 10, and in the process, look a bit more like a 10 year old. No mas would Diego's galpal have the bowl cut hairdo with orange t-shirt and short, but instead Dora would be wearing a dress with, reportedly nice legs.
Well parents were OUTRAGED! HOW DARE Dora the explorer look like a typical 10-14 year old these days. She was possibly wearing makeup with a dress? Is she some sort of whore? Ummm parents, have you seen what your ten year-old is wearing? Probably not, because you are protesting a doll. PS, Mattel released the image of what Dora would potentially look like and YES, she was wearing a TUNIC with Marissa Cooper leggings under it. Way to overreact there parents. Dora is NOT a whore-a. get over yourselves.

Stacy Keach was hospitalized Tuesday morning out in California with for undisclosed reasons. Keach is probably better known for a whole bunch of things OTHER than Prisonbreak, but to ME he is the Warden from Prisonbreak. Sportsbyfletch wishes him well as he was one of the better characters when Prisonbreak was a watchable show. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I am the only person STILL watching PB and I think Fox is paying me back for their cancelling Reunion. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW THAT ENDED!

American Idol went country last night, but when Adam Lambert apparently thought that country was Egypt. I hate country week, yet for some reason Idol ALWAYS goes back to it. Regardless. I was not a fan of Michael Sarver or the blind guy. I think they are the bottom two and if either goes home, that's fine with me. I thought Kris Allen did well, I though Adam Lambert was weird (I actually thought his performance was a big middle finger to everyone, as if he was saying, "I can do what I want so F YOU!" He is good, but good enough to go Jason Castro in the SECOND week of the competition?) I get Allison and Alexis are interchangeable. Sorry. I can tell the difference in their appearances, but they are the same person. Both "dirty" rocker chicks. Whatever. As far as Lil Rounds, I don't buy into the hype. I think she is really talented, but the knockout that the judges think she is? She is NO Jennifer Hudson or even Latoya London or Melinda Doolittle. She should make top 5, but then I think she's gone. Anoop, Sorry friend, but I wasn't in love with your song last night like the judges were. Not sure if maybe all of Bollywood threatened Simon or something after last week....
Best of the night...Kris Allen with Matt at #2. Going home...Sarver or Blind guy.

Finally, I have started editing the Score Atlanta website and that might take a little bit of my time away from Sportsbyfletch. Don't worry, the site isn't going anywhere, but I MAY only be able to post once per day. I apologize in advance. You can still catch episodes of RW:ATL and Survivor:Cuba, but between going to the gym and www.scoreatl.com I may not be posting multiple times per day. Sorry but PLEASE keep reading (and you might also want to check out the score atlanta website! The link is at the bottom!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your loyal readers certainly understand that you are getting a little too big to entertain us 3 times a day. Don't worry about it. As long as we still get the mid-week entertainment report and frequent references to Newsies, I'll be OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm losing 98% of my entertainment news dang it. How else am I supposed to know this stuff read covers in the supermarket????

Interested to meet the cast of Survivor Cuba will Fidel be a contestant?

Unknown said...

The blind guy's name is Scott. Try to have a little class.