Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday's grab bag blog

Some much to get to....so little time....

My NIT picks are....just kidding. I really do feel bad for South Carolina right now. Darrin Horn, the first year coach for the Gamecocks basketball team managed to take his talented team with potential conference POY Downey and a talented PG in Fredrick STRAIGHT to the NIT in a down year for the SEC. Gosh a first year coach at an SEC East school that just came over from Western Kentucky inherits a team with talent that prolly should make the Big Dance, and underachieves right into the NIT? Where have I heard THAT one before???????? Good luck there Gamecocks!

My Women's NCAA picks are....just kidding really. No story with this one. Did UGA even make it? THAT'S how much I DON'T follow women's college basketball. My pick to win it all...UCONN. (Like that was a hard pick...)

The City's finale aired last night. I have to say Whitney lost some major cool points. She didn't care about Jay, but she let it affect her work OVER AND OVER. OLIVIA ISN'T YOUR FRIEND, SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT JAY! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! Was Olivia a thief, yes, but get over it, Whit. You should have been in there with that London rep, talking yourself up instead of sulking on a couch, pondering Jay. You lost out to Olivia and you know what.....you deserved it.
BUT THEN WHEN JAY CAME BACK, YOU SAY NO? You just missed your chance on a trip to London for this cat, then you say NO when he comes back? YOU FOOL!

PS, I have to tip my cap to Adam for calling out Erin. She needed it. Erin went from BEST character on the show to uberbitch. I was rooting for her to get fired over Adam's showing up. Would have been great. Oh well. But Adam had a point, who was SHE to judge Adam for merely talking to women. He wasn't having sex with them like Erin was with ANY guy that hit on her. Good for you ADAM! GUY POWER!

And lastly, I watched the premiere of Kings on Sunday. True the show will be cancelled in three weeks, but I sort of got into it. I DID need to make fun of it for several reasons such as, if destroying the tanks was that hard, why didn't they do it more? Also, how come the enemy was that lax with letting a dude sneak across the enemy lines that easily? That must be the Dumbest enemy EVER! Why did it take so long to "conquer" them? All they had were tanks that could easily be blown up? They also had soldiers that didn't pay attention to the front line? I question Gilboa's army intelligence. I really shouldn't get THAT into this show though, since it will be cancelled by May 1. Sorry Wifey.

No comments: