Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Midweek Entertainment report 3/4/09

Christian DOESN'T have the big C, What happened on Idol?, Thank GOODNESS John Adams finally died and so THAT'S what happened to Phil Collins.

Ladies and gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report.


CLAPCLAPCLAP (WOW, the economy has even hurt my readers. Apparently they aren't reading anymore? Ouch.)

Nip/Tuck's season finale last night was a tad predictable. Wifey, who hasn't watched all season, said about 4 minutes into last night's episode, "He doesn't have cancer." And as it turns out, he didn't. How could I have ignored one of my RULES of television? You don't kill off one of the main characters and expect the show to survive. Nip/Tuck I guess read my rules, but I forgot them. OR I thought that maybe the show was thinking about a series finale. But alas. Christian now is stuck with Lizzie....until episode 4 of new season. I see her divorcing Christian and taking Wilbur or something dumb.

I was watching the final two episodes of the miniseries John Adams last night (more in a minute) and missed all but three performances of American Idol. Really? Lil Rounds? Really? She was THAT good? Didn't think so. Good yes, but as good as they were saying? No. She isn't as good as Latoya London or Melinda Dolittle or Hudson. Of the highlights, I didn't see anyone that knocked my socks off. I think most of the wildcards will come from group 2.

On to John Adams. Sorry, I know it might be unpatriotic, but I have been rooting for this guy to die since maybe episode 5. What a d-bag this guy was. I get it. Being president was important to you. You cared about your country, but dude, you were also a father and a husband. You disowned your son? I don't blame you for his being an alckie, but you could have maybe just shown him an ounce of love. Just saying. And as for your son-in-law, you couldn't pick up a phone and give Washington or Hamilton a call? D-bagish if you ask me. And towards the end, you just plain looked like a Mr. Potatohead.

Finally, I saw this on ajc.com. Singer Phil Collins says his new "main thing" is the Alamo. Collins, who said he has "hundreds" of cannonballs, documents and other artifacts from the Alamo, is in San Antonio this week in conjunction with the anniversary of the March 1836 battle of the Alamo. The collector and history buff's most prized item is a receipt signed by Alamo commander William Barret Travis for 32 head of cattle used to feed the Alamo defenders.
"Basically, now I've stopped being Phil Collins the singer. This has become what I do," he said in an online story Tuesday for the San Antonio Express-News.
Oh, so THAT'S what happened to you. I was wondering. So it has NOTHING to do with the fact that you haven't put out a hit since 1992....

Thanks everybody! Have a GREAT rest of the week!

No comments: