Monday, December 8, 2008

NFL Thoughts

I know I haven't been blogging much recently, sorry but I've had to actually work. (Whisky Tango FOXTROT?) But I am back big time today and tomorrow, so get ready for the flourish. I wanted to give some thoughts on the NFL. I have been following the NFL a bunch this season and it has NOTHING to do with Fantasy Football, believe it or not. It all has to do with my Sunday show on Sports Radio 790 The Zone (shameless self-promotion)

But I do have some serious thoughts on the league this season. If I ramble I am sorry. But this is really how I roll.

-Matt Ryan should start the Pro Bowl for the NFC. Now will he? Probably not because the players really won't vote for a rookie and the fans will vote for Tony Romo because he is dating Jessica Simpson. But the QBs for the NFC SHOULD be Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Eli Manning. No Romo, no Warner, no McNabb. Sorry Romo, but you've been hurt for most of the year and you had 4 turnovers yesterday. Sorry Warner, but the game will be on a Sunday, and you will likely be in Church. Sorry McNabb, but when you DON'T EVEN KNOW THE RULES OF THE GAME...Eli gets it because he plays in New York (well, really New Jersey) and your team is the best in the conference. Drew Brees has the numbers, but he's been outplayed by Ryan both times they have played. Just saying...
-I still love Jeff Garcia. He was benched for WHATEVER reason and now that he's back, the Bucs have been ROLLING!
-Now that the Redskins are 7-6, will Clinton Portis still win the MVP? I don't think so. I was getting REALLY excited about the Skins. Then they go out and lose to the Rams. Crap. Should have stopped caring RIGHT THEN AND THERE. Oh well, Bill Cowher will get things turned around up there next season. And Jason Campbell may be out of a job. Just please don't sign Matt Cassell to a big deal this year Snyder!
-Plax is pretty daggone stupid right? He is hurt! Why is he going out to a club that requires him to bring a gun? Stay at home and work on your hamstring!
-I know Matty Ice is getting all of the press, but Flacco is having a pretty good year this season for the Ravens. He should get some kudos. Maybe last year's QB Class wasn't a 6lb bag of shite. Wait, Chad Henne. Nevermind.
-I bet San Diego is wanting Michael Turner back instead of LdT.
-To our update guy yesterday that asked if the Packers (now5-8) wished they had Brett Favre back. Really Justin? Is is Aaron Rodgers fault when the defense can't stop ANYTHING? And Favre lost yesterday too. Rodgers is playing pretty well this season. And Favre looks OLD
-I think I'd rather have 13 QBs before Philip Rivers. Yeah AJ Smith, let me list them! Brady, Peyton, Eli(the guy you traded), Brees(the guy you let walk away), Matty Ice, Carson Palmer, Cutler (my favorite right now until Stafford comes out),Jeff Garcia, Roethlisberger, Romo (over Rivers, you betchya), Favre, Rodgers, Kerry Collins. I'd take Rivers before Leinart, Warner, and Young though. Russell too.
-I can't decide who is more disappointing: San Diego or Jacksonville?

Finally, I think that the Falcons REALLY hurt themselves by losing yesterday. WOW. I don't so much mind the challenge on 4th down, but I DO mind the defense. It looked like UGA out there. They couldn't stop the Saints. Pierre Thomas? Really? I think they still make the playoffs, but any shot at the division is now gone. But they still could go on the road and win at Minny or Arizona. That's a fact.
Playoff teams:1NYGiants 2 Tampa Bay 3 Arizona 4 Minny 5 Carolina 6 Atlanta
AFC: 1Titans 2 Steelers 3 New England 4 Denver 5 NY Jets 6 Indy
Super Bowl Steelers and G-Men.

No comments: