Monday, December 8, 2008

Overrated musicians, at least for me

I have been listening to a certain radio station that plays NOTHING but Christmas music (except when Steve and Vicki are on, then I listen to JUST the morning show of another station that actually plays music instead of talking....) and it struck me this morning that two artists considered "great" are highly overrated.
SOme of the music snobs that read this blog will probably yell at me, but I think that Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen are HIGHLY overrated.

I hear that STUPID version of Santa Claus is coming to town by Springsteen and I want to reach thru the radio speakers and rip the CD out of the player, then BREAK IT so it cannot be played anymore. Oh, Bruce hopes his band has been good then he asks if the crowd has been good. "Oh not too many!" HA HA Jackass. And quit laughing. You aren't funny.

As for Bob Dylan, DUDE, what happened to your voice? People usually SING songs, not mumble them. How does it feel? Well I don't know. I could barely understand you.

Sorry for probably committing a musical crime by questioning these two, but I just don't see all of the hubbub about them. Nope. Just don't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree - that Springsteen song is one of the worst Christmas songs ever!! There are VERY few Christmas songs that make me change the channel, and thats one.