Friday, December 12, 2008

Old Boyz II Men music video montage

As I was listening to B98.5 earlier (why? they play Christmas music 24/7 hell-lerr!) I heard the Boyz II Men version of Let it Snow. One of my coworkers asked if I had ever seen the music video and I said no.
Thank goodness for Youtube because it pulled right up. Pretty sweet. Then I noticed a link for the Motown Philly video...then the Water Runs Dry Video...then the On Bended Knee....then the I'll Make Love to You....then Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday...then End of the Road....
Yeah I watched all of them. Boy do they NOT make music videos like those anymore. That's a shame. All of these videos were great, and NOT just because you got to see them wearing sweatervests with no shirt underneath, but because of the cheesy singing and choreography. They were all zonetastic.

But the one issue I have with the I'll Make Love to You Video is when the guy plagiarizes Boyz II Men's song lyrics to get the chick in bed....even though he leaves before she even reads the note. I guess he was planting the seed for next time, but that was a little odd. At least pick a random poem that you KNOW she isn't going to know. If you take a B2M song from back then...they were HOT. EVERYONE knew their songs. BY HEART. I didn't know a SINGLE person who didn't own that Motown Philly album.
Come on dude. You've got to come up with a little originality here. Plus she was begging for it without the plagiarism. You coulda had her without committing a crime. think about it next time and try a little harder!

No comments: