Sunday, January 11, 2009

an early look at the 2009-10 CFB season

With the 2008-09 football season just coming to an end (AND THE FREAKING GATORS winning another title) I figured I should go ahead and offer my thoughts on the 2009-10 season, complete with a top 20. Now remember not all of the underclassmen have declared yet, but unfortunately for Georgia fans, Stafford and Moreno have both decided to go...while Tebow has decided to stay. GREAT! We are still awaiting the decisions of Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy and a few others. We also haven't had signing day roll around yet, but I can't see TOO many true freshmen making THAT much of an impact on my list. Maybe scramble a few around and there is ALWAYS going to be one or two that surprise me, but this is my EARLY EARLY EARLY preseason 20, as well as early conference picks. Enjoy.....

1 Florida-With Tebow back, the offense is perfect
2 Texas-McCoy should return and will be the Heisman frontrunner, Tebow be damed
3 USC-IF! Sanchez returns, if not, drop them to #8. They'd still be loaded at RB. The D takes a hit though
4 Oklahoma IF! Bradford returns. They will still have to replace the OLine, but most of the D is young
5 VaTech Tyrod Taylor as full-time QB will suit Beamer to a T. He is a better QB than MVick ever was for VaTech
6 Penn State-Clark comes back and JoePa might win yet ANOTHER big11 title. Could he run the table and sneak in?
7 Ole miss-I was on the bandwagon first! I called it back in November for 09. Snead plus the running game...WOW!
8 Bama-No Cody or JPW or RBs? Not a problem for Saban's recruiting powers
9 Boise State-The QB will only be a sophomore (Kellen Moore I think?) They are the best of the midmajor that would have 3Ls in major conference play.
10 Ohio State-the D takes a hit but still has Cameron Hayward and Pryor on offense. No Beanie though (But he was a big puss)
11 Florida State Bowden's last year. They've been waiting for this team. Ponder looks the part.
12 LSU-Really came on for the bowl game. Prediction: two losses (Ole Miss and v UGA. they beat Bama though) Cotton Bowl
13 UGA-The OLine will make Cox and the RBs look better than Stafford and Moreno. The D will get some DEs....right?
14 Okie State-They really swooned down the stretch. Could UGA pull the upset in Stillwater to open the year?
15 Kansas-Todd Reesing is back and YES CHUCK OLIVER, I HAVE HEARD OF HIM!
16 BYU-The QB Max Hall is back and they will probably win a bunch of games in their conference. WHO CARES!?!
17 Oregon-The QB Masoli is back and will the team win in possibly Belloti's final year?
18 Oregon State-Quizz Rogers is a force to be reckoned with, at least he was for one game.
19 Texas Tech-Mike Leach will just plug a new QB and WR in for Harrell and Crabtree. The defense returns 8 starters.
20 Georgia Tech-You are welcome for me including you guys in here. High school offense doesn't work against good Defenses (note: I am admitting UGA didn't have a good Defense last year! DUH! And PS, maybe you should worry a little less about a 45-42 ring and worry a bit more about your next game?)

The Conferences:
SEC Florida is the favorite in the East, but UGA could sneak up and take it (ah, nevermind. that's just me talking!) Ole Miss wins in the west and we get a rematch of the 31-30 game from this year in the Georgia Dome the first week of December. I want to say Ole Miss, but I have to go with Tebow

ACC VaTech faces FSU for the conference title. I say take FSU to upset an undefeated VaTech (wait, I haven't looked at their schedule yet. Wait for me on that prediction)

Big East Take Pitt IF LeSean McCoy returns. Otherwise, Cincy, perhaps?

Big 11-I like Penn State to run the table on this one. I think they beat duh Ohio State at home. Book it!

Big 12-in the south it comes down to Texas over OU (I'd love to see Bradford v McCoy again) and KU over Nebraska in the North. Texas then beats KU by 90000 in the B12CG

Pac10-USC unless Pete Carroll falls in a hole and his team all oversleeps and misses EVERY game.

Heisman-Colt McCoy over Tebow

Championship Texas v Florida. I think Penn State goes undefeated by gets left out and they play USC in another Rose Bowl. USC goes 11-1 after losing a random game. Oklahoma loses to Texas, and that's all, but they play AND LOSE in the Fiesta Bowl. I think Ohio State gets left OUT of the BCS bowls as the BCS shakes out like so....

BCSCG Texas v Florida
Orange FSU v Pitt
Rose Penn State v USC
Fiesta OU v Boise State
Sugar UGA v VaTech.

BooYah! UGA loses to Florida, and that's it! Yeah, I called it! With the schedule, UGA beats Okie State, Arizona State, GT, LSU and Arkie, along with Tennasty, Vandy, UK and SoCar, Tenn Tech, and Auburn. 11-1. OR more like 9-3 and a spot in the Outback bowl, but HEY, A GUY CAN DREAM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no way that UGAy should be ranked higher than the Jackets. You guys have already lost your 2 best players. No telling how many more ya'll lose due to academics or arrests. Tech will go undefeated and embarass UGAy in their season finale. We will win the ACC, and then on to the BCS championship to destroy Florida(a team that will demolish UGAy yet again). We will start the season ranked around six but will finish the season #1. How long ago was UGAy's last nat'l championship? 45-42, suck it!

Anonymous said...

You are right Anonymous, I SHOULD have had GayTech at #6. I mean they did finish the year ranked #20ish, right? And with ALL of that momentum from the Chick-fil-a bowl......wait!

MY BAD. Yeah, the score was 45-42. You won. Congrats. I guess I should throw my shirt that talks about the last seven games away.

I'm off to suck it!

Anonymous said...

Tech is going to be ranked higher than UGAy all season next year. You mutts better be ready for a new streak of TECH dominance of the series. As long as we have PJ we will never lose to those criminals over in athens again. Oh yeah, 45-42, suck it!