Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Real World Atlanta: Episode 2

Previously on The Real World….
Kevin shouts, “ATL BABY!”… Jimmy and Cailie finally arrive and hugs are given all around. Carly seems happy that Jimmy is there. Cailie does not appear to be amused…. K-Dawg raps, “I’m riding with Carly, hot Carly from the mag, I swear before this is over I’ll have her in the bag,” while a miserable Carly has a look of HELP ME as they are stopped at a red light… Jimmy says “she cleans up nice. I bet you do too.” Cailie blushes a bit before punching Jimmy and proclaiming that they will be friends.

This is the TRUE STORY, of Seven strangers (you’re a rapper?), picked to live in a house (ATL BABY!), and have their lives taped (get the F*** out my face!) to find out what happens when people stop being polite (say it again, I DARE YOU!) and start being real. The Real World: Atlanta!

People are seen dining at Neighbor’s when Jimmy and Carly walk into Atkins Park.
Jimmy says, “So tell me the story about the magazine cover.” “OK, so I was down visiting the campus and the spring game was going on. I just walked in and my friend was actually who bought the hat. I snatched it from her because only students are allowed to go to the game. Well, I was wearing that and the ticket guy let me in and next thing I know some kid from the paper or something snapped my picture. I guess he sold it and it just took off.
“Wow, that’s pretty wild. My girlfriend Abby was in a photo shoot for the women’s soccer team at school. I told her that I’d support her if she wanted to go be a model, but she is hellbent on being a soccer player.”
“Do they have a professional women’s league in America?” asks Carly.
“No, she’d have to go to Europe most likely,” says a sort of sad Jimmy. Carly immediately pounces. “So would you go too?”
“No, I’d stay here, unless I could get a transfer to a European club.” Jimmy. “Or we’d have to end it, Don’t know, and I don’t want to think about it.

Back at the house, Cailie and Vlad are in the pool. “Oh man, what a nice day it is out here. It would be such a nice day to ride.”
“Ride? Ride what?” asks Vlad.
“Oh, I ride horses. I’m a professional rodeo rider.”
Vlad doesn’t seem to understand as he is already drinking.
“Isn’t it a little early to be drinking?” asks Cailie.
“Vodka, it’s not just for breakfast anymore.”

Confessional “I’m not sure. I think Vlad might have a drinking problem,” confesses Cailie. “but then, I might too.”

In the kitchen, Vlad and Dani are talking and Dani asks Vlad about his time in Poland. After Vlad explains how he came to America, Todd joins and Vlad pours him a drink. “Man, you are already drinking?” Todd asks.
“It is 11:45. I’ve been up since for 5 hours. I went for a run and now I am drinking with lunch.”
Dani asks Vlad straight up if he has a drinking problem and Vlad pours his drink out before stalking away.

In confessional, Vladimir sighs, “Jesus, why do these people think a drink is a drinking problem. Sorry I don’t sleep until 3pm. My grandfather could drink an entire bottle of rum in a sitting. That is a problem. I don’t do that. These people need to worry about themselves.

Kevin is shown putting on a FilA sweatsuit ala Trouty from My Boys. He walks downstairs and Dani and Todd ask if he wants to go get some lunch. “Hecks yeah.” They both roll their eyes.

The are shown eating at the Flying biscuit and Dani and Todd are talking about Todd’s black girlfriend. “You actually remind me a lot of her, from a physical appearance standpoint sure, but you guys even hold your forks the same and I’ve never seen someone put mustard on a roll straight up, but both of you do it.
“Is this sh*t all vegetarian?” questions K-Dawg.
“Yeah, idiot, you didn’t realize? (Back to Todd) I grew up on mustard sandwiches. In college we didn’t have a lot of money so we got bread from the grocery store and a bottle of mustard and ate. We took our money and spent it on going downtown.” Dani continues to eat mustard sandwiches.
Todd says, “so your parents were hippies?” “Yeah, we followed the Dead for a while, never really having a solid home, but that made me who I am. I learned about Free love, and the best thing my parents taught me was that I could love a person, regardless of gender. So far though, I just like women.”
“Heck’s yeah!” K-Dawg shouts.
“So if you met the right guy though, you think you’d make the switch over?” asks Todd.
“Don’t know, you offering?” Dani retorts.

Back at the house, Vlad is cleaning up a bit when Carly walks in. “So I heard you you were looking for a workout buddy?” asks Carly.
“Yes I guess. You work out?
“I’ve gotta stay in shape. I want to be a personal trainer or a model when I graduate from Florida State.
“Let’s go.”

Jimmy walks into the weight room where Vlad is spotting Carly. “Am I interrupting?”
“Interrupting what?” asks a clueless Vlad. “You want to lift?”
Carly moves to a treadmill as Jimmy tries to outlift Vlad. We see shots of Vlad pumping iron while Jimmy is clearly trying to outdo him.
In confessional, “I am the athlete of the house. I am competitive, I have to beat Vlad.” Confesses Jimmy. “I have to beat Vlad. I have to.”

Later we see everyone in the bathroom getting ready. “So I heard you got outlifted by Vlad today,” remarked a naked Todd to Jimmy.
“Oh shut up man.” A red-faced Jimmy shot back
“Come on bro. You gotta rep for America bro!” K-Dawg interjected into the conversation. “Who asked you? Jimmy barked at Kevin.
Dani walks in and slides her arms around Jimmy. “So I heard that Carly is now off the Jimmy bandwagon and is eyeing Vladdy.
“What? I don’t care,” Jimmy says. “So you don’t mind if I try and hit that?” Kevin puffs out his chest and asks.
About this time Cailie walks through and has dropped a bit of the tomboy. Carly walks in and shows off her “masterpiece.” What do you guys think about Cailie now?”
“Whoa, baby, you are BANGIN’!” K-Dawg yells, but Todd has taken notice too. Vlad has walked in and asks we ready?

The doorbell rings as a cab honks. Carly and Dani are putting on makeup and Cailie is nerviously moving around in her too short shirt. “So what do you think Cailie?” Carly asks. “I feel a little weird. I don’t wear this type of outfit.” Cailie responds.
“You’re hot. I’d do you” Dani reassures her.

We see the crew entering the Compound and Cailie catches the eye of a bartender. “He is REALLY cute!” Cailie is forced to yell over the booming music. “I think I’m going to the bar.”
Jimmy and Todd are standing off to the side when two females approach them.
Jimmy in a V.O. says “so these two ladies come over and start talking. I am trying to not make eye contact, but Todd is all about these girls.
“So where are you ladies from” Todd asks. We next see Todd dancing with the two ladies and Dani and Jimmy are standing in a corner. “I thought he had a girlfriend?” shouts Dani. “I did too,” Jimmy shrugs.
Cailie is now talking to the bartender and Carly doesn’t seem to like that her Frankenstein is getting the attention. The bartender gives Carly and drink, then steps away because he seems a bit annoyed that Carly is hogging in on his Cailie time. The two roommates return to Vlad and they all watch Kevin dancing by himself as no one will dance with him. “I think we should invite him back to the house. What do you guys think?” asks Cailie. “Yeah!” “Go for it.” Dani and Vlad both encourage her. Jimmy looks a bit miserable until Carly starts dancing on him. Dani rolls her eyes at this.

Cailie goes back to the bar and invites the bartender back to the house and he agrees. We next see Cailie and the Bartender Max, along with some of the other roommates in the cab on the way home. “So what’s your name?” asks K-Dawg. Max. “They call me K-Dawg. I rap!” Kevin is a little drunk. He tries to spit out a rap when a tipsy Jimmy and an overserved Carly crack up and tell him to shut up.

Back at the house Vlad is making drinks while Cailie and Max flirt. Carly puts on a VERY skinny two piece and her cowboy hat and Jimmy is sitting in the hot tub. Kevin is riding down the waterslide when we see Todd in the phone room. He is phoning Ray, his girlfriend asking how her night was. He says he loves her and really misses her. She realizes he’s drunk and tells him she is tired. Todd leaves the room and finds Dani. They retire to a couch as Todd asks her about her girlfriend. He is afraid he messed things up with Ray by just dancing with these other girls and Dani reassures him. She also warns him that he needs to be careful. He is a hot guy, she says and the temptation is going to be there. You’ve got to be smart.
“You’re so wise. You remind me of Ray. Thank you,” slurs Todd. Dani offers him a hug that lasts a bit too long. “You need to stop saying I remind you of your girlfriend. I don’t want to wake up with you in my bed.”

Back in the hot tub, Carly is now off Jimmy and flirting with Max again. It NOW is starting to make Cailie a little upset. “Hey, Max you wanna go someplace and talk?” asks a perturbed Cailie. Max says he is fine. Carly drunken says, “Yeah Cai, he’s fine!”
Max picks up on the vibe and tells Cailie he is going to leave. Cailie walks him out and he gives her a kiss on the cheek. “Call me. I’m working tomorrow.” Max gives her a hug and leaves.
“OK, I will. We’ll see you tomorrow.” Cailie shuts the door and then goes to find Carly.
“What were you doing? You can’t have everybody!” yells Cailie.
“What the F**k are you talking about?” a disbelieving Carly shouts back.
“You saw me talking to Max and you butted in.”
“Oh shut up, I’m going to bed.” Carly gives Cailie the hand as she walks back.
“Oh OK slut, walk away.”
A door slams as the credits hit.

Next time on THE REAL WORLD.
“You hurt my feelings last night Carly. I was interested in Max and you..” Cailie starts but is cut off by Carly.
“Max is a bartender and whatever. You called me a slut.”
Todd and Dani are shown talking, “Ray supported me finding my birth mother. She lives in Atlanta.” Dani says, “Oh you should TOTALLY look her up!”
Kevin says, “Yo Vlad, I’m going global baby. I’ve got an audition with Big Boi’s people.”
We see Carly flirting with Max and Cailie throws a drink and storms out of the bar.

No comments: