Wednesday, January 14, 2009

so Paul Hewitt is a liar?

I thought that Paul Hewitt was never going to go after a one-and-done again? I thought after Thaddius Young and Javaris Crittendon bolted he was DONE with the one-and-dones. Guess not! I guess when your job is on the line and you NEED a tournament berth, you will go back on your word.

Whatever.

PS 0-3 in the ACC, will he even make it to see Derrick Favors arrive on campus? (If you aren't getting the gist of this blog, #1 High School prospect Derrick Favors committed to the Yellow Jackets Wednesday night, giving the GAyTech Yellow Jacket basketball fans something to cheer about on a night when Duke kicked their teeth in)

And before anyone says I am jealous, I actually see the silver lining to his going to Yech. If Favors had committed to UGA, then the admin might have kept Felton around to coach him and WHEN UGA would have made the Big Dance (unless Felton kicked him off the team, which I WOULDN'T HAVE PUT PAST HIM) Felton would have been at UGA through 2010-11. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
But thankfully Felton can now be fired without Damon Evans worrying about a big-time recruit potentially leaving.

Silver Lining! I always work to see the positive!

Plus how could Derrick Favors get ANY playing time with the LAZY Jeremy Price, untested Chris Barnes and handless Albert Jackson as a furious three-headed black hole in UGA's post? Now Felton can go back to murdering my love of college basketball.

On a side note: with ALL DUE RESPECT to Brandon and Woolvey on 790 the Zone, they said that Georgia basketball was just not there on campus. The basketball season doesn't move the meter in Athens.

I could not disagree more.

I attended UGA the four years that Harrick was there. B-Ball may have been a tougher ticket to get the 2000-01, 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons. EVERYONE was talking about Harricks Hounds. People loved the basketball team. We stormed the floor v Florida. We made the tourney two years and would have been a #2 seed in 2002-03! We were #6 in the country when the Tony Cole story broke.
UGA basketball just needs a guy in there to put a winner on the floor that the fans can get behind. UGA basketball mattered then. it DOESN'T now, but it could. the potential is THERE, but Felton is holding it back. BA and Woolvey, UGA WANTS to love B-Ball again, but with Felton there, it will STAY a sleeping giant. Unrequited love for me right now with the UGA basketball program. I am READY to fall in love, but Felton is like the dad of the girl you wanted to date in high school that kept throwing cold water on you. Thanks Mr. Kuper! He just won't let it happen, which is a shame.

Someday UGA basketball will come back. Someone wake me up when it does, because I'll need to shave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the jealousy? Now that we got favors will be a #1 seed next year. I do agree that felton sucks, but what do you expect, it is UGAy. With the exception of women's gymnastics, TECH should dominate UGAy in every sport. Not to mention academics. Why would anyone choose to go to that glorified JUCO over in Athens? 45-42, suck it!

Anonymous said...

Actually I am quite jealous of the fact that Favors is going to Tech. I wish he was going to UGA. I am pretty sure I said that already.

But, if losing the battle for Favors means winning the war aka firing Felton, then it is a battle worth losing!