Monday, January 5, 2009

Falcons fall, UGA wins and thank TOM for Scientology

I would say thank God, but Tom Cruise is one of the gods of Scientology, right? I thought scientology was like Edith Hamilton's Mythology and John Travolta and Cruise were gods like Hermes and Eros. Right? Back to my point....I read where Tom Cruise said that the church of scientology cured his dyslexia.

And I think THAT'S GREAT! I always wanted to be 6'5, maybe scientology could help me out with that?

Back to sports. The Falcons managed to lose to the Arizona Cardinals while I was in the state. Great. Thanks Falcons. Glad I made the trip out there. Oh well. The Dirty Birds certainly didn't look impressive in losing, though I thought they had it going there at the half. Matty Ice seemed to melt early and late and couldn't get rid of the ball in the endzone. The two picks and the fumble were rookie mistakes and you can tell MR2 will still be good, but more Hasselbeck than Brady. Sorry everybody. Sorry, Paul The Body Mac. But hey, I'd take him over Jason Campbell.

I won't even mention Keith Brooking. (he knows I am angry at him for kicking me out of his fundraiser benefit back in 2005!).

But I WILL mention Michael Turner. The BURNER always seemed to burn up the bad teams to the tune of 1400+ yards, but against the good teams....on the road....he just never seemed to get it done. Maybe that will come with time, but it wasn't there in the second half on Saturday. Enh. Not certain if he can get it started or not, but he needs to in order to justify the money he's getting. STEP IT UP BURNER!

Going into next season, I want two new linebackers (keep Lofton, but I am mad at Boley for the Saints game, and PLEASE shed Brooking). I also want SOMEONE to help out John Abraham. Jamaal Anderson, if it isn't you, then SWITCH TO TACKLE! I would also like to see the Falcons get a TE capable of stretching the field.

I would LIKE to jump on the Falcons bandwagon, but I cannot leave behind my redskins. I am saying this for Paul Mac. I am sure he will weigh in too.

Moving on to the Georgia Bulldogs. After a crap-tastic first half, Stafford and the Boys REALLY turned it ON in the second half. I hate to say it, but Michael Moore could really turn into something. NO I DON'T mean the craphead film guy, I mean the junior receiver. He should open some lanes next season for AJ Green, and that's a good thing. I would LOVE to see him blossom his senior year.
Also, I know Stafford and Moreno are (prolly) gone, but I don't think that will be such a bad thing. Stay with me here. The offensive line should be sick next season (wait, are the kids still saying "Sick" meaning really good? I don't keep up with the times.) The defense also looked like it will get a boost from some redshirt freshmen and the squad finally looked like they could pressure the QB. Couple that with the rumors that CMR is apparently calling DC Kirby Smart of Alamaba to gauge his interest in returning to his alma mater, and we might have something here.

Bottom line, no one can straight out replace Stafford (but a Joe Cox/Aaron Murray combo would certainly not be a bad thing) and the 6-headed monster of Charlton Thomas/Dontavious Jackson/Caleb King/Wayshaun Ealy/Richard Samuel/Kalvin Daniels can certainly give the opposition different looks and it fits RIGHT IN to how CMR likes to rotate his backs. I think that with the o-line that should return, the running game will have success no matter who is toting the ball, especially with Shaun Chapas and Fred Munzenmeir clearing the way, and that should open up play-action with Joe Cox to AJ Green/Michael Moore/Tony Wilson/Kris Durham/one of the 13 TEs to be on the roster next season. Or I wonder if CMR will play Coxie the first few games until Aaron Murray is ready. I would think that Cox gets most of the starts and snaps with Murray playing the role of Tim Tebow from 2006. Could be, right?

Unfortunately I fear that next season could also slip to an acid reflux of 2006 with the 5th year QB holding the seat warm for the hotshot true frosh QB nipping at his heels. I hope though we get more of a 2005 with the 5th year who patiently waited behind the ultra-successful QB, just biding his time. Maybe Joe Cox can catch lightning in a bottle. Maybe, I'm just drinking the Kool-aid like I always do. It seems recently with Mark Richt at the helm, I have learned to expect the worst and hope for the best. The best being an SEC East championship and spot in the Dome v Ole Miss. And from there, you JUST. NEVER. KNOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meh, Falcons offensive and defensive lines still suck balls. They made mistakes but honestly, the entire team save the rookies is basically chewing gum and duct tape. It's incredible they won 11 games before failing miserably in the most important one. Oh well. I have my own theories, but it sure looked like Mularky didn't adjust to the fact that the guy on the other side of the field KNEW HIS FREAKING PLAYS AND THE SNAP COUNT. No huddle worked. but hey, let's just keep handing the ball off to Turner when he's not getting it done. Oh well. Maybe next year for the foulcoons.

Keith Brooking did kick us out for distributing radio station material... Party sucked anyway. And like Keith Brookings chance of ever playing a relevant down in his life again.... I'm gone.