Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Midweek entertainment report and Entourage review

Yo Ari: Dump Vince, Tim Roth comes to TV, Hilary Duff grows up and Tom Cruise builds a time machine?

Ladies and gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report!

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

Hilary Duff has decided to leave Lizzie McGuire and Kim Possible behind and take up a new role in the NBC comedy Barely Legal. Apparently she will be playing a teenager that passes the bar exam in California and becomes an 18 year old lawyer. Doogie Howsier MD in the courtroom? What? And Hilary Duff is a main character? How soon before that goes the way of My Own Worst Enemy?

Tom Cruise recently told the Asian press that he always wanted to kill Hitler. "Even as a little kid, I used to wonder why someone didn't stand up and kill him. I've always wanted to kill Hitler." Ummmm, Tommy, Hitler IS dead. So you are good. I jest though, I shouldn't make fun of Cruise, I agree with him. Why didn't someone stand up and kill him? I watched a program on the History Channel where apparently 42 attempts were made on his life. AND NO ONE WAS SUCCESSFUL? The few that REALLY bothered me were the guys that were willing to ALSO die as long as Hitler died too. But the crazy thing was, they all were going to blow themselves up. If you are going to sacrifice yourself, why not just take a gun and straight out shoot him? True his bodyguards would have taken you into custody or likely have shot you back, but HEY, at least you'd have killed him. Just wondering why THAT never happened...

Lie To Me debuts tonight. I am excited about this show for some reason, the most excited I have been for any new show thus far this year. Tim Roth aka Mr. Orange will star and I am PUMPED. I wish Fox would bring back Justice too while they are at it. But I also wanted a conclusion to Reunion, and I never got that....

Finally, I have been Netflixing Entourage with the Wife over the last few weeks. I just finished Season 3, Part One, and in the last episode, Ari took on a partner in Babs Miller to form Miller-Gold and Vince got fired from Aquaman2 AND missed out on Medienne (spelling, I am sure). AND he just told the Hollywood Foreign Press that Queens Blvd would be held up because they colorized it. HEY ARI, DUMP VINCE! He keeps getting sh!tty advice from his "manager" E and he keeps ignoring Ari. I'd dump Vince now that I have Babs and her client list at my disposal. Vince with Johnny and E and Turtle, they aren't worth the headaches. Maybe when he was ALL Ari had, but now Ari has "major power players," according to that meeting with the "Five Families" Tell E to run Vince's career! He couldn't do it. Vince needs Ari and Vince would soon realize that. And as far as Wifey saying that "why would he dump Vince? He is a superstar!" I am sure that back in 2001-02 when Colin Ferrell was dating Britney Spears and starring in The Recruit and SWAT, no one told his agent to dump him DESPITE the coke problem. I would have. He did Alexander and dropped off the face of the earth before winning the Golden Globe for a Polish movie that no one saw. But honestly, dump the dude Ari. you don't need Vince. He is the star of ZERO movies right now and has done more to harm his career than he EVER has to help it. You don't need him, you are FREAKING ARI GOLD!

No comments: