Friday, January 9, 2009

Through Gritted teeth....Congrats Gators

Now I hope you all turn pro. No seriously, I have to tip my cap to you guys YET AGAIN (don't EVER say that I'm a poor sport-even though I am). You have a zonetastic program, the second best in the country right now (Sorry, I think even though you have the titles, I believe USC has the better program.) and you have the best college player that I've ever seen lace up the cleats. (I was too young to really watch Hershel and Tommy Frazier couldn't do what Tebow does.)
I am not certain though if the Florida team could function with Tebow and in fact, when he was dinged up last year, they lost 4 times, so I think he REALLY is the program. If he goes pro, I think Florida takes a BIG step back!

But regardless, Tebow is a Gator and he has helped them win two Titles and he won a Heisman to boot. Good for him. I still think he mugs for the camera and I think he WILL stay because he doesn't want to leave the limelight. He knows that the NFL won't care about his trips to the South Pacific. He knows that his game AS IT IS RIGHT NOW won't translate to the League, as it is right now.

Harvin should go, same with a bunch of that defense. I am not saying this as a UGA fan, I am saying this as some one who watches football and realizes when players should go aka strike while the iron is hot.

Congrats to Urban, (it PAINS me to say that) but he is a guy that I wish was coaching at UGA. He gets it done. He connects with the kids and he is a winner. He's won everywhere he's been (Bowling Green, Utah, now Florida), and HERE'S HOPING he goes to Notre Dame next year!

As for my thoughts on the game last night, I thought Florida could have been had, but OU douched it up. Why abandon the running game that seemed to be working in the first half? How could you not take advantage of two Tim Tebow interceptions? How could you consistently let Tebow run and run and run for 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion? And why did you fall victim to the option with the TE shovel time after time? COME ON GUYS!

But Florida's defense stood up to OU on two goalline stands and they deserved to win. OU could have won it I think, but the final scoreboard is all that matters. Florida, once again BCS titlists and that just pisses me off.

GO PRO TEBOW, HARVIN, SPIKES, etc. PLEASE. UGA needs you to! I NEED YOU TO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ALL know that USC would have CRUSHED the Gators. Urban WHO? Ever hear of Pete Carroll? Yeah, that's what I thought. V for Victory! Tim Tebow couldn't hold Sanchez's jock strap.

USC should have been in the title game and that's ALL! USC beats an all-star team made from BOTH of those teams from last night.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, too bad USC plays in a crappy conference and lost to freaking OREGON STATE!

and PS, to all of the Texas fans that would have cried foul if OU had won last night, do you now think that Ole Miss should shout from the rooftops that THEY should be champs since the Rebs beat Florida? NO, because your argument was stoopid