Wednesday, January 7, 2009

mid-week Entertainment report-1st of '09

So Sean CAN walk? the hypocrites kick out Josh, Bennifer has a baby, Matty's gone and screw the truckers!

Ladies and gentlemen, the mid-week entertainment report!

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLACLAPCLAPLCLAP!

The second half of Season 5 of Nip/Tuck premiered last night (ps, I don't get how you have part one and two? Why not just call it season 6?) and we get to see how Crazy Colleen was able to sneak in to stab Sean. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We also find out that Christian has breast cancer and Matt is going to Santa Monica CC for premed. (Yeah, cause I want my doctor to get his degree from a community college.) Overall an interesting episode, but I must say that the series is NOT what it used to be. I guess back in season 2 and 3 it got so big (Especially with The Carver) that the writers and Ryan Murphy felt N/T kept needing to top itself and now it has kind of been painted into a corner, if that makes sense. It is a bit much now. I know that the best shows (kind of like the best bands) have to keep reinventing itself in order that it doesn't grow stale, but Nip/Tuck perhaps could have slowed the evolution down a touch. Oh well. I am certainly still hooked and looking forward to seeing how this plays out. maybe the return of the ass-bandit!?

On a DOUBLE Shot at love, I had to watch most of it with no sound since I was also viewing N/T and I don't have TiVo, I saw where Josh and Rosemary's relationship was finally let out of the bag. Hmmmmmm Rosemary "tells the truth" but Josh semi-lies (and tries to throw Rosemary under the bus, but all is fair in love and war, right?). So the Twins decide to tell Josh to F off (after he makes a big production) but they keep Rosemary? Huh? First off, why Tila and now the Ikki twins get upset when a guy and a girl kiss is beyond me. So you guys can be sluts, but heaven forbid the contestants kiss other people? I think that is a form of slavery, right? I think they SHOULD be getting upset for Rosemary, since SHE ISN'T A REAL LEZBINEN! Anywoo, they decide to keep the non-lezbinen, along with Rebeckah, the lezbinen with a kid (huh?) and ditch Xoe (who cannot spell her name, but was the coolest one). I am also seeing that Rikki is really the one calling the shots and she is seemingly the only twin that matters. Vikki doesn't really like to make out with them, but does for the cameras and everything is Rikki's call. I think Vikki owed Rikki and agreed to do the show for Rikki. I would think the Trevor is the favorite to "win"

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Gardner had another baby. WOW, I didn't know she was pregnant. I didn't know they had a first? But apparently they do. this is their second girl. Have they fallen THIS far off of the map? I know Casey has overtaken Benny boy (not hard) but I didn't realize that Ben's anti-Midas, Rich McKay-like touch had claimed Jen Gardner too! No WONDER Matt Damon cut Affleck loose as quickly as he did. He didn't want to get dragged into anonymity like everything else Affleck touches does. IE: Gigli, Daredevil, Jen Gardner, Gwen, Jennifer Lopez (come on, has she done ANYTHING since she started dating Ben?), Tom Clancy (after Sum of All Fears, that series went kaput and now all Clancy can do is write video games!)

Matt Stafford and Knowshon decided to go pro. Can't say that I blame them. Matty goes #1 to the Lions and sits for a year before maybe getting something going (EVENTUALLY) with Calvin Johnson and the rookie RB. Knowshon meanwhile will prolly go #16-20, possibly the Bucs or Saints picking him up (Caddy for the Bucs ain't cutting it and Reggie Bush's knee + Deuce's age=spot available!) Good luck to them both. GO DAWGS!

Finally, to all of the a-hole truckers out there: SCREW YOU! I am not talking about nice guys (of which a few I know), I mean the road rage a-holes who drive like they are on a vespa yet they are pulling a 53' 18 wheel monster. REALIZE WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU ARE. As for flashing you lights at me: #1, are you in a lane you AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE IN? GET OUT! or #2, I am sorry that I have to exit, but I could pass your big ass in time because you like to speed up when people try and pass you. Sorry I cut your draft. But don't flip the lights. I don't cut off trucks intentionally. You are bigger than me. Don't act like I am doing it on purpose. I am not. If I get in front of you WITH PLENTY of ROOM and you still flick your lights, GROW UP! Can the road rage or get a new profession. This is Atlanta, butt head, not New York. You can't be rude and expect to get away with it. No sir, you will get the WRATH OF SPORTSBYFLETCH! You hear me? You "got your ears on?" Take that, over and out good buddy!

Peace, my like Knowshon and Matt Stafford, I am gone! (for the day only, I'll be back tomorrow! Unlike #24 and #7)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roomie, I dont think we're watching any of the same shows anymore! Until season 5 of the Hills starts.