Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mid-week Entertainment report quickie!

It's a commercial for So You Think you Can Dance, so I have to make this quick

I've got a question for M. Night, if no one shows up, is the movie still Happening? HA! Actually after your last two movies bombed (The Village and The lady in the water or whatever) why do you think THIS one will work? And why are you marketing it as, "The Director's first R rated movie!"? I realize it is, but is that you last ditch effort to remain relevant? I thought Sixth Sense was overrated, Unbreakable was terrible (if that was even you). I thought Signs was your best work, but you have hit a bit of a wall. I hope for your sake your movies get better

I see where it looks like Joey might leave the Real World house, making it two straight weeks with someone leaving. Ummm, MAYBE that's a good idea. And for the record, if you are this alcoholic/druggy that the show is making you out to be, WHY ARE YOU GOING TO BARS? I stopped drinking for 14 months. I was still able to go to bars. It's called willpower.

So Spike Lee was criticizing Clint Eastwood's movies for not having enough black people? Clint said that Spike needed to shut up. Clint should have criticized Spike for Clockers not having more white people. Is Spike Lee REALLY human anymore? He thinks Bush caused Katrina. He think Eastwood's films need more black folks. This dude is crazy, right? It isn't just me? Can we PLEASE make the Knicks relevant again so he will just stick to basketball instead of spinning racial conspiracy theories?

Back to SYTYCD now. WOW, Cat's legs really DO go ALL the way to the floor. WOW. This dress MORE than makes up for her season 4 finale disaster. And PS, I think I have been ruined by Danny on Season 3. All guy dancers should be tremendous athletes that can jump out of the building while still looking graceful. No more Benjis. Danny has set the bar and forced all guy dancers from now on to be powerful. Kind of like Cal Ripken set the new mold for Shortstops and LT changed the game for LBs. Danny is the LT of dancing, if you ask me. He set the new standard. Singlehandedly raised the bar.

No comments: