Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The search for the next Elle Woods

Yeah, I'm watching it. You know you are too.
I am COMPLETELY rooting for Bailey from Anderson, SC, and NOT just because my car once exploded there and you could hear me there when I worked for Sky 104. I think she is the best of all of the ones up there.
I was SHOCKED after last night's cut of Lindsey, especially when Celina was allowed to stay and Cassie S wasn't in the bottom 4! I know Lindsey wasn't giving it 100%, but her 25% was better than Cassie's (since Cassie O left the week before, why are we still calling her Cassie S?) AND Celina was just turrbul! Why Lauren was in the bottom 4, I don't get either, but she is still better than the others

Bottom line, the producers of Legally Blonde the Musical have to do their jobs (and I think they prolly already know whom they are selecting) but MTV has its job to do too. Even if they KNOW Cassie won't win, but they know Lindsey won't either, why not throw out a "shocker" and keep the drama queen around to stir up more trouble. I can see that.

Lindsey's leaving was certainly shocking though. I would have thought they'd give her two more chances to stick around (ie Cassie's departure and Celine's departure.)

Oh well.
I think Autumn is super-talented, just not for Elle Woods. I think Lauren and Emma both COULD be Elle, but Bailey is the best option. I wanted to crash thru the TV when Heather Hack (or whatever the one judge's name is) said she was too Disney, in a bad way. Ummmm did you see Legally Blonde the movie? That IS ELLE Woods. Thanks for playing. And way to "write" the musical, when the movie provided all of the dialogue. Yeah you probably wrote a few songs. Big whoop. Don't think you're bigger than you are. You madam are NO Andrew Lloyd Webber. Or even Rogers and Hammerstein!
Suck on THAT!

Bottom line, I think/hope Celine goes home next week...
then Cassie S
then Rhiannon (i don't like her name)
then Natalie (you aren't a blonde!)
then Emma (so we don't have to hear about your Broadway family)
then Lauren
with Bailey beating out Autumn in the finals

And Kudos to Haylee Duff for not laughing or even cracking a smile when she says that she earned her spot in Hairspray through hard work and not being the Ashlee Simpson to her sister's(Hilary) stardom from Lizzie McGuire. But wait, she WAS on 7th Heaven!

No comments: