Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where was the security?

No Mid-week entertainment report today. I'll have one tomorrow.

No, today I just have ONE BIG question that has been bothering me recently....

In the movie What a Girl Wants, starring Amanda Bynes, there is a scene where she gets locked out of a fashion show by her wicked step-sister-to-be and she sneaks around and gets in through a back door/window and winds up on the runway, then falls RIGHT INTO "Prince Charles's" lap as "William" and "Harry" look on.

My problem is two-fold. First off, are you telling me that with the FUTURE KING OF ENGLAND THERE, some one-potentially an assassin-could simply walk around the building after being rejected by the gentleman at the front door and sneak in through a back door/window? REALLY? I would have thought a Bobby or one of those beefeaters would be stationed there, protecting the entry points.

My other problem is, (ok , i guess i have two more problems) she is just allowed on stage? I have watched quite a few episodes of The Hills, as well as several Victoria's Secret Fashion shows (where they show backstage). I don't buy that she could just be allowed to walk on stage. Didn't she have to get cleared by someone like LC with a Garth Brooks/Madonna-style mic and clipboard? And just walking out there in jeans and a white shirt? IN A FASHION SHOW? Unless it was a Se7en jeans show (WHICH IT WASN'T) then shouldn't a red light have gone off, "she's not dressed correctly, we have an interloper here?"

My final problem is when she falls into the lap of Charles and Wills and Harry. I go back to the security issue here. Where is the secret service? Or at least a beefeater? I realize he would have to take his hat off, but still he'd be there, right? I was just appalled by the lack of security at this function.
I guess if some one REALLY wanted to get to the future kings of England, just sneak through the back window at a fashion show, wearing jeans and just "trip and fall on him" like Ms. Bynes did. They wouldn't stop you.

This is why America is higher on the dominance scale than England. Some one could NEVER pull that off in America! We have security BABY! YEAH!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roomie - you never cease to amaze me.