Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ba da BA BOP! SYTYCD!

Hey Hey, American Idol is over, so that means Summer is upon us. And that means....
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE IS BACK!
Hecks yeah! Cat Deeley and crew are back for Season 4 and I am excited.
Let's get to my thoughts on the season premiere!

The Italian Guy that was a professional in Italy, but somehow lived in LA? Hmmm. And PS, where is the broken English? Maybe your MOM was Italian, but you Sir seem to be PRETTY MUCH an Apple Pie American. Well, maybe an Apple Pie with Alfredo Sauce on top. But you seem pretty darn American.

The Blind chick that danced. Hey, I guess it is inspirational to all the blind people watching (wait for it...) but I don't get it. And as for the judges, quit walking on eggshells in your assessment. You are saying you aren't taking her because of her technique. JUST SAY YOU AREN'T TAKING HER BECAUSE SHE IS BLIND! How can she learn the choreography? By braille? She wouldn't be able to do it. Yeah she can dance (badly) in her bedroom, but she isn't right for the show. YOU ARE ALLOWED to say that. And Mia, stop crying.

This guy David aka SEX, if you want him to STOP showing up just to be on TV, stop putting his sorry butt on TV. The minute he sees he wasn't on camera, he will stop coming out. But No Nigel, you want him for a ratings bump. And therefore he will get the airtime he seeks and he'll keep coming out. It was funny the first time, maybe even chuckle-inducing the second time. But I am bored with him.

Cat Deeley was looking hotter than ever. She is like Erin Andrews crossed with Mary Poppins. I don't care if Roomie thinks her face is crooked. I don't see it Cat. I think you are FINE! But your outfits sometimes need an adjustment, but you are British, so you get a pass.

Victor Kim was funny and impressive, but he COMPLETELY fell apart in the choreography workshop. THat's a shame. He would have had ALL of Georgia Tech voting for him.

The Black dude that "danced" to the Poetry reading??? Not impressed. I just didn't get it, in fact he probably turned off quite a few people with that. But oh well. I just don't want him to get pigeonholed as "That guy." I am afraid he did that to himself.

Moving on to the second hour. The Gold Inferno is back? And when asked why, IT IS B/C YOU PUT HIM ON TV. I do like that the judges openly mock him. Call the losers losers. I like that. Don't give them ANY false hope like Paula Abdul does. Tell it like it is!

And PS, why do they let the previous year's losers back to watch? The Dominic guy was sitting up there gawking at the chicks. Does American Idol do this? Does Constantine come back to watch? Well yes, but that's just because his janitor shift at the theater hasn't started yet.

Then the Gold Inferno says, "They go and shut me down. I am disappointed. I am angry. Why would they do that?" Maybe because you are an a-hole in a mask. Yeah. Problem solved. Professor Plum with the candlestick in the kitchen. DONE!

I HATE it when people blame a lack of talent on "being sick". TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! DON'T GET SICK. I don't get sick. Neither does Chuck Norris. This is kind of a job interview for some of these people. DOn't go out the night before. Sleep in a climate controlled room. USE YOUR HEAD!
The reason I say this is the "sick" Asian ballroom dancer SUDDENLY looks well as she celebrates three YESes, but then they find out they must be split up for the choreogrpahy and she is sick again. INTERESTING. And even if they turn out to do well, then they've OVERCOME the sickness. But they have a built-in excuse if they fail. Don't like it. Just don't.

I can't tell what contemporary dancing is good. It all looks like a fish flopping about to me. Sorry. I am not classy, like San Diego.

The Woman's soccer player (Carrington) with the male voice! I am now rooting for JANET RENO! SWEET! ANd after she spoke she INSTANTLY got uglier. She just did. SO WEIRD.

I saw a Moment of Truth Promo for tonight's episode. The question was, "While you were dating your ex-girlfriend, were you cheating on her?" And the guy looks flustered and the ex-girlfriend says, "I can sit here for this." Ummm she is your EX! Who cares? Just say "HECK YEAH, But you are MARRIED NOW so what does it matter?" That show has jumped the shark!

Did that one chick just say the judges were "racist against tall people? Damn tall people! I hate 'em!

The final popper guy, pretty wild. Can't wait to see more.

And the sick Asian made it to Vegas, and when they announced, she AGAIN didn't look sick. But I bet she comes down with a cold if she starts to struggle in Vegas. Which would be weird with the dry climate and all.....Should be interesting.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Ba da BAH BOP! SO you think you can DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you say Cat Deeley is hot? Did you SEE what she wore to the finale last year? And if I have to listen to her introduce the "jidges" one more time, I'm gonna hurl!

Unknown said...

Haha....thank you anonymous. Someone needs to tell her there is no I in judges.