Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Paul Mac HATES the Spurs!

Our NBA Playoff correspondent Paul Mac weighs in with his thoughts on the defending champs.....

I’m certain several analysts will tell me how stupid I am tomorrow for not appreciating the Spurs. I don't care.

There is not one single player on the entire spurs team that makes me interested in watching basketball, if they are in the finals... I won't watch again this year. I'm no NBA fan generally but their style of basketball while effective is boring as hell, and I've got better things to do with my time... you know like writing about how boring they are.

Watch though. Listen to the commentators tell the public how stupid they are for not tuning into see the spurs win. They are the sports equivalent of vanilla pabulum. Good yes. Effective yes.. Absolutely totally nothing interesting, no personality... I think they actually are robots. Not only that they are programmed to cry senselessly with EVERY SINGLE CALL that goes against them. Can Tim Duncan whine more or Tony Parker dive into more calls as if he were Christiano Ronaldo? The only other sports equivalent I can think of this is say... Nascar.. where a guy like Matt Kenseth can be average as grits all year but be so good at being average and rounding the track the proper number of rotations, they give him a big trophy at the end... and I guess he's wealthy and bangs hot chicks, but mostly... everyone else is pretty bored with it. I guess on a positive note Spurs basketball is the cure for insomnia… need to fall asleep? Tune in for the next timely legal Robert Horry Hip Check that takes all the interest out of the series. He could be sonic the hedgehog with his ring collecting for all I care… I know interesting and the spurs are not it.

They are good, but bad for the NBA. It's like people who never take the bat off their shoulder walking their way through company slow pitch softball. Does it work? yep. Is it lame and no reason to play... yep. Please Lakers save us from another ridiculously boring NBA finals.

so sorry in advance for my shallow view of the spurs "greatness" I'd just rather watch paint dry.

No comments: