Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blaine makes things exciting, but not as exciting as powder blue!

If you had a powder blue uni, why would you not ALWAYS where it? In tonight's tv broadcast, FSN showed an old highlight of Mike Schmidt and he was rocking the powder blue Phillies Uni. How great were those? I had a Schmidy Starting lineup IN the Powder Blue. Those things rocked.
The Braves had one back in the day and a few years back the Braves seemingly wore them all the time on the road.

And the Royals can rock that out. Why don't they more? Allow their fans to recall the glory days of George Brett and Bob Hamlin and Bret Saberhagen,(spelling) well maybe not Bob Hamlin, but he DID win a rookie of the year once.

Look at the San Diego Chargers. There powder blue unis rock out! The Super Chargers! The are better than their current ones. San Diego should REALLY put the switch on permanently.

But all this is really a tangent of what I meant to talk about. In the bottom of the ninth, Blaine "out of options, so we might as well keep him here and keep pitching him despite is 9.38 ERA" Boyer nearly cost Tommy Glavine his first win of the year.

The Braves hit two first inning homers then got a little Geico from Brian McCann with a two out, two run double in the third, I believe, after lil tex stuck out. (lil tex turned Catholic by taking the collar with three Ks tonight. Spring Training is SOOOO not important!) The Geico came in handy tonight once Glavine gave up 4 in the 6th and Boyer decided to make the game interesting in the 9th.
WHEN IS GONZO coming back? Soriano? Smoltz? I know we shouldn't rush them, but how sad is it that an 8 run lead doesn't feel safe? Bobby left Boyer in the game for the 9th because WHO WAS HE GOING TO CALL UPON? Acosta? Can't be sure of him. Ring had already pitched. Bennett had already pitched. Carlyle maybe suffered a concussion last week. My question...is Chris Resop still alive? The guy throws a 98 mph CHANGEUP! He could close. But apparently Bobby would rather leave the game in the hands of Blaine "I have 96 mph stuff, but I'd rather try and throw a third curveball to Jimmy Rollins and press my luck that I can throw THREE of them without hanging one" Boyer. And McCann is calling these pitches?
BMac, you can't call for that pitch RIGHT after you just showed it to him. But you are the catcher with the multi-million dollar contract and I'm just a dude that is about to blog about American Idol when I am done ranting on the Braves. Plus you had a big hit earlier in the game. I'll let it slide because the Braves won.

Good work Braves. Now pray you can scratch one out tomorrow against Cole Hammels and get home for the A's. I wanna talk about Moneyball, and I will THIS FRIDAY on Sports Radio 790 The Zone. Tune in, and ignore the fact that our "webmaster" STILL hasn't changed the hosts to at least NO PICTURE and just a caption saying Fletcher, Paul and Bobby.
No bitter though. I know I'm on the air.

PS, American Idol should be fantastic next week. But you should tune in to 790 The Zone next Tuesday and Wednesday instead of watching that on Fox. You just should! I'll be on, and I am SOOOOOO much cooler. Well at least cooler than David A. And I promise I won't fake cry like David Cook did when he returned home to throw out the first pitch at the Royals game....in a powder blue uni!. See how I can go full circle?

No comments: