Friday, May 23, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this

There'd be days like this my mama said.....
11-1. Yeouch. The Braves were never really in this game after the first inning. Maybe Jo-Jo could have gotten out of it, but the walks killed him and the wet grass hurt him because with the double that died in the outfield. Oh well. Braves committing those errors in the field certainly didn't help things out either.

But they were bound to lose a home game eventually. 20-6 is nothing to scoff at.

Tonight on EVH Extra Innings, MEL finally called the show (that means we've arrived. He even called us baseball experts. Wow. In case you don't know who Mel is, obvie you don't listen to ATL sports talk radio, but you haven't "made" it until Mel calls your show. So cool. We've made it) but we discussed if we would trade the entire Braves team for another entire team. I would ONLY trade the Braves for the Angels, Red Sox and the D-Backs. I would consider the Phils and maybe NEXT year the Marlins, but I'd take the Braves over everyone else. I think a lot of this team and the potential it has.

Does the team have negatives, of course, but it also has positives. Huddy, McCann, Chipper, lil tex, Smoltzie. There is a lot of good on this team. If the BRaves can win the next two, that might give them a shot against Webb, but I am not holding my breath. I want the Bravos to split this series with the D-Backs to springboard the roadtrip. Make some hay before facing the Marlins on June 2.

Memorial Day makes the end of the first third of the season. Usually you know what kind of team you have at that time. I think the pen is better than many thought and will only GET BETTER. I think Kotsay is fantastic. Chipper is great. They are just biding their time until they turn it on come July and August. Once the all-star break ends, this team I believe is poised to breakout.

Smoltz will be back, same with Soriano and Gonzo. They will be playing 6 inning games. Advantage Braves....
Just not on a night like tonight.
Forget it and move on.
Guy Pierce from Memento. PS, what happened to that guy's career? He loses out to Heath Ledger for The Joker in The Dark Knight and you just don't hear anything from him anymore. Did he retire?? Is he hanging with Rey Ordonez?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fletcher, your comments seem right on! I look forward to reading more.

Andrea in Ohio