Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Midweek entertainment report 5/14

Ironman wins again?, Fallon to replace Conan and Scrubs is back-WHY?
Ladies and gentlemen, the Midweek entertainment report!
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP

I saw where Ironman beat out Speed Racer at the box office this past weekend. I guess movie goers when having to decide between bobbing for apples in a port-a-potty or spreading honey on your rectum and crawling backwards into a bear cave, they said, "I'd LOVE an apple." REALLY? Is the netflix CEO just scratching his head and saying WTF? like I am? I am so confused why someone would go and see Robert Downey Jr as a hero. I think he was the inspiration for Cosmo girl in The OC.

Jimmy Fallon is moving to Late Nite to replace Conan when Conan goes to the Tonight Show. Really? Jimmy Fallon? I just was watching him on some of the SNL reruns on E! and he BLOWS EVERY SINGLE SKETCH AND the Weekend Update desk. How is this going to work? But if this means no more movies like Fever Pitch and Taxi (or whatever that thing with Latifah was called. I refuse to call her Queen. Where is her kingdom?), then I will take it.

Finally, I see where Scrubs is moving to ABC from NBC. Because apparently all those years of zero viewers meant it REALLY has an audience, right? And on that note, Zach Braff, does he have photos of EVERY single Network Exec? Just wondering. Because I watched part of an episode once and thought it was terrible. I think people have said that show jumped the shark on the second episode. And it is STILL going. Sort of. NBC cancelled it EVERY year seemingly and tried to again, before ABC brought it back. WHY WHY WHY? If you want to bring back a show no one really watched, but was actually REALLY GOOD ABC, bring back Sports Night. That cast was stacked. And Aaron Sorkin was behind it. But you nixed it so he took West Wing to NBC and just kicked your ass for 7 years. Are you thinking Braff is the next Sorkin? Because if you think so, I have some breaking news for you....HE ISN'T!

No comments: